sql config problem - need advice - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on sql config problem - need advice - SpamAssassin ; Hello, we use latest versions of postfix and spamassasin on slackware machines. Our postfix acts as smtp gateway - no local users. We want to set up white/blacklists per username. Spammassasin keeps white/black lists in sql. $GLOBAL definitions are working ...

  1. sql config problem - need advice

    Hello,

    we use latest versions of postfix and spamassasin on slackware machines.
    Our postfix acts as smtp gateway - no local users. We want to set up
    white/blacklists per username. Spammassasin keeps white/black lists in sql.
    $GLOBAL definitions are working OK.

    Testing scenario:
    user1@domain1 is on blacklist for user2@domain2

    When i send email from user1@domain1 to user2@domain2 - email is blacklisted
    When i send email from user1@domain1 to user2@domain2 and to user3@domain3
    (both are in "To:" field), email is delivered to user2@domain2 and
    user3@domain3.

    Here is user_scores_sql_custom_query:

    SELECT preference, value FROM userprefs where username='$GLOBAL' or
    username=_MAILBOX_

    We also tried with:

    SELECT preference, value FROM userprefs where username='$GLOBAL' or
    username=_USERNAME_

    Any idea ?

    Best Regards,
    Daniel Chojecki

  2. Re: sql config problem - need advice

    On Tue, June 24, 2008 10:14, Daniel Chojecki wrote:

    > Any idea ?

    problem is in mta not in spamassassin, mta sends to more then one to
    spamassassin, and scores with one in mind

    change this in mta so it just sends always to one recipient at a time, no
    matter how many you send to, that fixes the problem you see

    --
    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  3. Re: sql config problem - need advice

    Daniel Chojecki wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > we use latest versions of postfix and spamassasin on slackware machines.
    > Our postfix acts as smtp gateway - no local users. We want to set up
    > white/blacklists per username. Spammassasin keeps white/black lists in sql.
    > $GLOBAL definitions are working OK.
    >
    > Testing scenario:
    > user1@domain1 is on blacklist for user2@domain2
    >
    > When i send email from user1@domain1 to user2@domain2 - email is blacklisted
    > When i send email from user1@domain1 to user2@domain2 and to user3@domain3
    > (both are in "To:" field), email is delivered to user2@domain2 and
    > user3@domain3.
    >
    > Here is user_scores_sql_custom_query:
    >
    > SELECT preference, value FROM userprefs where username='$GLOBAL' or
    > username=_MAILBOX_
    >
    > We also tried with:
    >
    > SELECT preference, value FROM userprefs where username='$GLOBAL' or
    > username=_USERNAME_
    >
    > Any idea ?

    use amavisd-new.

    otherwise, set
    blahblah_destination_recipient_limit = 1

    where blahblah is the transport that is used to pass mail to SA.

+ Reply to Thread