Re: 60_whitelist.cf - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: 60_whitelist.cf - SpamAssassin ; spamassassin@fongaboo.com wrote: > > I am running spamassassin with postfix via amavisd on a FreeBSD Intel > box. Email from Nintendo's Wii service is getting flagged as spam, > despite me entering it into the whitelist. This seems to be ...

  1. Re: 60_whitelist.cf

    spamassassin@fongaboo.com wrote:

    > I am running spamassassin with postfix via amavisd on a FreeBSD Intel
    > box. Email from Nintendo's Wii service is getting flagged as spam,
    > despite me entering it into the whitelist. This seems to be the case
    > with other unrelated entries that I have whitelisted as well.
    >
    > I have entered the following into
    > /usr/local/share/spamassassin/60_whitelist.cf:
    >
    > whitelist_from_rcvd *@wii.com
    > bsaa42453.tk.mesh.ad.jp
    >

    > Then I ran amavisd reload. But still the msg's get flagged.
    >

    > I have attached the full headers of the spam-flagged msg. Wondering if
    > I am not doing something right. Suggestions?

    Don't modify the default config files, they regularly get oblitterated
    by updates.

    Put your own site-wide settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

  2. Re: 60_whitelist.cf

    Matt Kettler wrote:
    > spamassassin@fongaboo.com wrote:
    >>

    >> I have attached the full headers of the spam-flagged msg. Wondering
    >> if I am not doing something right. Suggestions?

    > Don't modify the default config files, they regularly get oblitterated
    > by updates.
    >
    > Put your own site-wide settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

    Correction for clarity:

    They regularly get over-ridden by new versions when you run sa-update.
    The default set itself also gets obliterated when you update versions of
    SA.

    Thus, the default rule files are not a viable place to put your
    settings. Instead use .cf files in your "site rules" directory, which is
    /etc/mail/spamassassin on most systems. If in doubt, run spamassassin
    --lint -D and see what it claims the site rules dir is near the top of
    the debug output.

+ Reply to Thread