Channel ordering? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Channel ordering? - SpamAssassin ; Is it possible to determine the order channel-originated rulesets will be loaded in? Or *cause* a specific channel's rules to be loaded after another? I'm looking at creating several local channels for distributing local rules across the collection of mismatched ...

  1. Channel ordering?

    Is it possible to determine the order channel-originated rulesets will
    be loaded in? Or *cause* a specific channel's rules to be loaded after
    another?

    I'm looking at creating several local channels for distributing local
    rules across the collection of mismatched servers doing spam filtering
    in several different ways (a general channel suitable for all systems;
    several per-system or per-cluster channels with a few specific settings
    peculiar to that system/cluster).

    One component of the general rules are score adjustments to some stock
    rules and a few channel rulesets - thus the problem; my local channel
    must be loaded *after* pretty much everything else (eg, treated as if it
    were in the site config dir).

    -kgd

  2. Re: Channel ordering?

    On Fri, June 20, 2008 22:11, Kris Deugau wrote:

    > must be loaded *after* pretty much everything else (eg, treated as if it
    > were in the site config dir).

    one could name the cf files like

    __.cf

    then it will be loaded in right order i hope

    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  3. Re: Channel ordering?

    Kris Deugau writes:
    > Is it possible to determine the order channel-originated rulesets will
    > be loaded in? Or *cause* a specific channel's rules to be loaded after
    > another?
    >
    > I'm looking at creating several local channels for distributing local
    > rules across the collection of mismatched servers doing spam filtering
    > in several different ways (a general channel suitable for all systems;
    > several per-system or per-cluster channels with a few specific settings
    > peculiar to that system/cluster).
    >
    > One component of the general rules are score adjustments to some stock
    > rules and a few channel rulesets - thus the problem; my local channel
    > must be loaded *after* pretty much everything else (eg, treated as if it
    > were in the site config dir).

    hi Kris --

    That's tricky -- we didn't plan for that Our mistake.

    The dirs are lexically sorted by the hostname they're downloaded from.
    So if you name your hosts "zz-local-sa-updates.domain.org" for example,
    those rules will be loaded after "updates.SpamAssassin.org".

    --j.

  4. Re: Channel ordering?

    Justin Mason wrote:
    > The dirs are lexically sorted by the hostname they're downloaded from.
    > So if you name your hosts "zz-local-sa-updates.domain.org" for example,
    > those rules will be loaded after "updates.SpamAssassin.org".

    Butbutbut.... that's so *ugly*.....

    (I figured I'd have to do that, but I hoped there might be a hack or
    workaround.)

    -kgd

+ Reply to Thread