script to upgrade SpamAssassin (itself, not just rule sets) - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on script to upgrade SpamAssassin (itself, not just rule sets) - SpamAssassin ; Gentlemen, every few months we must upgrade Spamassassin (the software itself, not just doing sa-update). So what script do you use to take the bore out of the process? Need something like: set -xeu set /tmp/$USER.SpamassassinUpgrade mkdir $1 cd $1 ...

  1. script to upgrade SpamAssassin (itself, not just rule sets)

    Gentlemen, every few months we must upgrade Spamassassin (the software
    itself, not just doing sa-update).

    So what script do you use to take the bore out of the process?

    Need something like:
    set -xeu
    set /tmp/$USER.SpamassassinUpgrade
    mkdir $1
    cd $1
    latest=`(fancy code to determine latest version on nearest mirror or
    just master)`
    wget $latest
    bunzip2 *.bz2
    cd `ls|sed q`
    echo|perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME #answer the question with RETurn
    make
    make install

  2. RE: script to upgrade SpamAssassin (itself, not just rule sets)

    Typically we do something like this basic outline

    login to non-root account and change to proper directory

    wget
    http://www.apache.org/dist/spamassas...in-3.2.5.tar.g

    rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.5.tar.gz

    su to root and change to proper directory

    yum localinstall perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.5-1.i386.rpm
    spamassassin-3.2.5-1.i386.rpm

    then when done we run sa-update script and check log files for problems

    - rh

+ Reply to Thread