The rules has more weigh than bayesian-learn ? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on The rules has more weigh than bayesian-learn ? - SpamAssassin ; Dear, I am a novice in the use of SpamAssassin and I need your help. Who has more weigh in the classification of a message, the rules or the bayesian-learn ? Best Regards, -- []'s Thiago Henrique Network Administration Digirati ...

  1. The rules has more weigh than bayesian-learn ?

    --
    []'s
    Thiago Henrique

  2. Re: The rules has more weigh than bayesian-learn ?

    Thiago Henrique Rodrigues wrote:
    > Dear,
    >
    > I am a novice in the use of SpamAssassin and I need your help. Who has
    > more weigh in the classification of a message, the rules or the
    > bayesian-learn ?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > --
    > []'s
    > Thiago Henrique
    > Network Administration
    > Digirati Networks
    > K8 Networks
    > Hostnet Hosting

    It depends on the scores you give each thing. I.E bayesian confidence
    90-100% you might give 6 points to and a single rule onlly 1 point. But
    if the bayesian confidence was only 5% you may give it 0 points.

    Kate

  3. Re: The rules has more weigh than bayesian-learn ?

    On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 04:32:00PM -0300, Thiago Henrique Rodrigues wrote:
    > I am a novice in the use of SpamAssassin and I need your help. Who has
    > more weigh in the classification of a message, the rules or the
    > bayesian-learn ?

    Your question doesn't really make sense. The results of the Bayes examination
    are rules based on the 0-100 spam probability.

    If I understand what you're asking though, the Bayes system results in 1 rule
    hit, whereas there are hundreds of other rules that can all hit, so generally
    rules would outweigh Bayes, unless you change the weighting (score) of the
    Bayes rule in relation to the other rules.

    --
    Randomly Selected Tagline:
    "I am NOT a computer geek! ... I just spend too much time in front of the

  4. Re: The rules has more weigh than bayesian-learn ?

    > Your question doesn't really make sense. The results of the Bayes
    > examination
    > are rules based on the 0-100 spam probability.
    >
    > If I understand what you're asking though, the Bayes system results in
    > 1 rule
    > hit, whereas there are hundreds of other rules that can all hit, so
    > generally
    > rules would outweigh Bayes, unless you change the weighting (score) of
    > the
    > Bayes rule in relation to the other rules.

    Thanks for helping. I didn´t understand until now. All make sense.

    I'm trying to use SpamAssassin in a structure as such: Postfix + Amavis
    + Clamav + SpamAssassin. Will I lose much considerably in the quality of
    my anti-spam if I not use the bayesian rule?

    Best Regards,

    --
    []'s
    Thiago Henrique