controlling spams to mailing lists with procmailrc possible? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on controlling spams to mailing lists with procmailrc possible? - SpamAssassin ; Anyone here using procmailrc for blocking spams coming in the mailman mailing lists? I installed spamassassin in my FreebSD box where I am running postfix with mailman with 10 lists. I edited main.cf & added mailbox_command=/usr/local/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION" , and ...

  1. controlling spams to mailing lists with procmailrc possible?

    Anyone here using procmailrc for blocking spams coming in the
    mailman mailing lists?

    I installed spamassassin in my FreebSD box where I am running
    postfix with mailman with 10 lists.

    I edited main.cf & added mailbox_command=/usr/local/bin/procmail
    -a "$EXTENSION" ,

    and I edited the file /usr/local/etc/procmailrc , content of
    procmailrd I pasted here http://rafb.net/p/yMHUXh12.html

    OR I am pasing it here

    #cat /usr/local/etc/procmailrc

    PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
    MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
    DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

    :0fw
    | /usr/local/bin/spamc -u spamassassin -s 256000

    DROPPRIVS=YES

    :0
    * ^X-Spam-Flag.*YES
    $MAILDIR.Junk/

    :0
    ! list1@mydomain.com,list2@mydomain.co...my domain.com

    my question is that ,

    1 ) is the configuration in procmailrc is okay for controlling
    spams to my mailing lists ? any errors in it OR I have to add anything
    more in procmailrc file ?

    2) is the procmailrc configuration is the rightway to control spams
    to mailing lists ? am I wrong ? OR anyother method is there to do
    it effectively

    All of you please share with your comments to help me out to achive
    what I am trying to do

    Thanks in advance
    kkchn

  2. Re: controlling spams to mailing lists with procmailrc possible?

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, kk CHN wrote:

    > Anyone here using procmailrc for blocking spams coming in the
    > mailman mailing lists?

    I'm not. If you do some google searches you'll find some mailman patches
    that hook it directly up to SA. Any posting that scores high is held for
    moderator approval using the existing mailman mechanisms. No need for any
    external glue.

    Warning Labels we'd like to see #1: "If you are a stupid idiot while
    using this product you may hurt yourself. And it won't be our fault."
    Tomorrow: SWMBO's Birthday

+ Reply to Thread