Regex help - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Regex help - SpamAssassin ; ...

  1. Re: Regex help

  2. Regex help

    Hi All,

    Have been trying to write a regex for a custom rule to catch a particular
    spam that's been annoying the heck out of me.

    I've got about 6 body rules and have narrowed the problem down to the regex
    that tries to catch this part (text appears in SPAM exactly as below,
    including case, brackets and quotes).

    change "." from "[POINT]"

    Should be simple, but I'm sure it's a couple days of staring that's making
    my brain miss the solution. Can any of you regex geniuses give me a quick
    regex to match that string.

    Cheers,

  3. Re: Regex help

    "mouss" wrote in message news:48555C9C.4050605@netoyen.net...
    > Mike Cisar wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Have been trying to write a regex for a custom rule to catch a particular
    >> spam that's been annoying the heck out of me.
    >>
    >> I've got about 6 body rules and have narrowed the problem down to the regex
    >> that tries to catch this part (text appears in SPAM exactly as below,
    >> including case, brackets and quotes).
    >>

    >> change "." from "[POINT]"
    >>

    > /change \"\.\" from \"\[POINT\]\"/
    >

    >> Should be simple, but I'm sure it's a couple days of staring that's making
    >> my brain miss the solution. Can any of you regex geniuses give me a quick
    >> regex to match that string.
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    Is it really necessary to escape the "quotation" marks? I didn't think it was. I'd have thought something like this would work:

    /change "\." from "\[POINT\]"/

    Cheers,
    Jeremy

+ Reply to Thread