SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports - SpamAssassin ; I have committed the SpamAssassin 3.2.5 build to FreeBSD ports. For FreeBSD users, you will want to upgrade ports with CVS or portsnap, and then upgrade SpamAssassin. Since there are so many minimum versions of dependency modules that have changed, ...

  1. SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    I have committed the SpamAssassin 3.2.5 build to FreeBSD ports.

    For FreeBSD users, you will want to upgrade ports with CVS or portsnap,
    and then upgrade SpamAssassin.

    Since there are so many minimum versions of dependency modules that have
    changed, I suggest running portupgrade -R p5-Mail-SpamAssassin.

    You can cd /usr/ports/mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin and run make deinstall
    reinstall, but it will stop if it hits a dependency that needs an upgrade.

    You will also note, that the compiled rules have moved from
    /var/db/spamassassin/ to
    /var/db/spamassassin//

    Any problems with generic SpamAssassin, rules or functions, please post
    to the SpamAssassin users list, or enter a bug into bugzilla at:

    https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/index.cgi

    If you are having a FreeBSD ports upgrade problem with the SpamAssassin
    port, use FreeBSD send-pr, or web based PR system.

    --
    Michael Scheidell, CTO
    Main: 561-999-5000, Office: 561-939-7259
    > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    Winner 2008 Technosium hot company award.
    www.technosium.com/hotcompanies/

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com

  2. Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    >portupgrade -R p5-Mail-SpamAssassin.

    freebsd 6.3-R

    I used this, but various "bits kept breaking" so I added -k -v -f,
    and now kerberos is messed up, killing ssh and telnet into the machine:

    for sshd:

    /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: shared object "libkrb5.so.8" not found required by "sshd"

    lots of google hits for this error, but none of the them work
    (/var/emtpy, and hosts.allow are ok).

    suggestions?

    Len

  3. Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    Please don't post HTML, thanks...

    > for sshd:
    > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: shared object "libkrb5.so.8" not found required by
    > "sshd"

    Both sshd and libkrb5.so.8 are part of the base system so I guess you messed
    up something else.

    Does libkrb5.so.8 exist (usually in /usr/lib/)?!
    Did you install security/krb5 or security/heimdal from ports?

  4. Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    >Both sshd and libkrb5.so.8 are part of the base system so I guess
    >you messed up something else.

    I claim innocence. portugrade of spamassassin messed it up.

    >Does libkrb5.so.8 exist (usually in /usr/lib/)?!

    no.

    installed heimdal then krb5 from ports, no
    problem. re-booted. same msgs as before in sshd logs. sshd won't
    allow any logins. and complains same as before.

    >Did you install security/krb5 or security/heimdal from ports?

    yes, after your first msg.

    Len

  5. Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    >>Does libkrb5.so.8 exist (usually in /usr/lib/)?!

    after installing heimdal and krb5 from ports with no errors:

    find / -iname "libkrb5.so.*"

    /usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so.21
    /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3
    /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3.2
    /usr/ports/security/heimdal/work/heimdal-0.7.2/lib/krb5/.libs/libkrb5.so.21
    /usr/ports/security/heimdal/work/heimdal-0.7.2/lib/krb5/.libs/libkrb5.so.21T
    /usr/ports/security/krb5/work/krb5-1.5.1/src/lib/krb5/libkrb5.so.3
    /usr/ports/security/krb5/work/krb5-1.5.1/src/lib/libkrb5.so.3

    I think we'll have to wipe an re-install, quicker than spending hours
    trying fix a broken Unix.

    Len

  6. Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    Len Conrad wrote:

    >>Does libkrb5.so.8 exist (usually in /usr/lib/)?!

    > no.
    >
    > installed heimdal then krb5 from ports, no problem. re-booted. same
    > msgs as before in sshd logs. sshd won't allow any logins. and complains
    > same as before.
    >
    >>Did you install security/krb5 or security/heimdal from ports?

    > yes, after your first msg.

    Check your make.conf. If there are no entries about kerberos, remove
    security/heimdal and then:

    cd /usr/src/kerberos5/lib/libkrb5 && make && make install && make clean

    I still don't see why a port upgrade should remove base conponents but you
    should consider rebuilding the system[1]. Alternatively use sysinstall and
    "fixit".

    --
    No Swen today, my love has gone away
    My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

  7. Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    >>>Does libkrb5.so.8 exist (usually in /usr/lib/)?!

    >>no.
    >>
    >>installed heimdal then krb5 from ports, no
    >>problem. re-booted. same msgs as before in sshd logs. sshd
    >>won't allow any logins. and complains same as before.
    >>
    >>>Did you install security/krb5 or security/heimdal from ports?

    >>yes, after your first msg.

    >Check your make.conf. If there are no entries about kerberos, remove
    >security/heimdal and then:

    >cd /usr/src/kerberos5/lib/libkrb5 && make && make install && make clean

    this worked, thanks. sshd loads now.

    Is there any good reason for spamassassin on a fairly standard MX
    relay box to bother with kerberos at all?

    Len

  8. Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports

    > From: Len Conrad
    > Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:09:49 -0500
    > Subject: Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 committed to FreeBSD ports
    >

    >> cd /usr/src/kerberos5/lib/libkrb5 && make && make install && make clean

    > this worked, thanks. sshd loads now.
    >
    > Is there any good reason for spamassassin on a fairly standard MX
    > relay box to bother with kerberos at all?

    There is nothing in the ports Makefile that should do that.
    Sometimes, if your system was a 4.x, upgraded to a 5.x and upgraded to a 6.x
    and upgraded to a 7.x and sometime inbetween you enabled, or disabled
    kerbros, the system could get into a confused state.

    Nothing in the SA port that I know of that would do that.

    --
    Michael Scheidell, CTO
    >|SECNAP Network Security

    Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
    FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com