Enable emails sent from localhost - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Enable emails sent from localhost - SpamAssassin ; ...

  1. Re: Enable emails sent from localhost

  2. Enable emails sent from localhost

    I've noticed just today that PHP has not been sending any mail at all
    anymore if spamassassin is enabled. (I'm running it on Ubuntu Hardy,
    through citadel, but everything is working fine there). I had a look
    at /var/log/mail.log and it appears to be blocking the emails, marking
    them as spam.

    Is there a way I can tell spamassassin to stop blocking from localhost?
    I know that mail sent from localhost is ok, because I created the PHP
    scripts myself. I want to create a rule that says "everything sent from
    localhost is ok, don't bother checking these".

    I've temporary had to disable spamassassin until I can get this
    resolved. Any help would be much appreciated.

  3. Re: Enable emails sent from localhost

    On Friday 13 June 2008 12:00:18 Rob van der Linde wrote:
    > I know that mail sent from localhost is ok, because I created the PHP
    > scripts myself.

    Well... no. If SA says they're not ok, then they're not ok.

    You can "fix" your MTA to not pass outgoing mails to SA,
    but neither can you "fix" SA, nor can you "fix" other peoples SA.
    --
    best regards
    Arvid Ephraim Picciani

  4. Re: Enable emails sent from localhost

    On Fri, June 13, 2008 12:00, Rob van der Linde wrote:
    > I've noticed just today that PHP has not been sending any mail at all
    > anymore if spamassassin is enabled. (I'm running it on Ubuntu Hardy,
    > through citadel, but everything is working fine there). I had a look
    > at /var/log/mail.log and it appears to be blocking the emails, marking
    > them as spam.

    good any NO_RELAYS hits ?

    or ALL_TRUSTED ?

    > Is there a way I can tell spamassassin to stop blocking from localhost?

    yes

    > I know that mail sent from localhost is ok, because I created the PHP
    > scripts myself.

    homemade is well made :-)

    > I want to create a rule that says "everything sent from
    > localhost is ok, don't bother checking these".

    well if i ware you i like to learn ham in bayes

    > I've temporary had to disable spamassassin until I can get this
    > resolved. Any help would be much appreciated.

    perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf see trusted_networks and internal_networks

    and maybe msa_networks

    if you run with them as unsets spamassasin dont know the world of spam

    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

+ Reply to Thread