out-of-office replies are being catched by VBOUNCE - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on out-of-office replies are being catched by VBOUNCE - SpamAssassin ; Hello, It seems that many Out of office messages are being catched as VBOUNCE_MESSAGE (virus bounces). Is that designed to be like that? I have no objections for catching out-of-office messages by VBounce ruleset, but shouldn't they be marked as ...

  1. out-of-office replies are being catched by VBOUNCE

    Hello,

    It seems that many Out of office messages are being catched as
    VBOUNCE_MESSAGE (virus bounces). Is that designed to be like that?

    I have no objections for catching out-of-office messages by VBounce ruleset,
    but shouldn't they be marked as BOUNCE_MESSAGE instead of VBOUNCE_MESSAGE?

    The reason seems to be in:

    header __VBOUNCE_AUTOMATIC Subject =~ /\b(automatic reply|AutoReply)\b/

    since I've seen many OOOs contain subject AutoReply or "automatic reply"

    Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm

  2. Message-ID:Reply-To:References:MIME-Version:Content-Type:In-Reply-To; b=ZTk3OE94c9fvEOy/GzDN0WD8UpX4aEcIxYdMBXQZd7q6efBuNd6CkXzSr/M/rpoxk5rvJVHCTcqqZHUNnK21HkUVi03zx/OmtHg8QF4TOrTtqwGFySRo56IALRlmrXDDd/WFT+7UPqrCA2XuNShQ3sDpOzRBOnWuYb87FaCp8Vc=

    On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:06:37AM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > It seems that many Out of office messages are being catched as
    > VBOUNCE_MESSAGE (virus bounces). Is that designed to be like that?
    >
    > I have no objections for catching out-of-office messages by VBounce ruleset,
    > but shouldn't they be marked as BOUNCE_MESSAGE instead of VBOUNCE_MESSAGE?
    >
    > The reason seems to be in:
    >
    > header __VBOUNCE_AUTOMATIC Subject =~ /\b(automatic reply|AutoReply)\b/
    >
    > since I've seen many OOOs contain subject AutoReply or "automatic reply"

    You haven't read all the VBounce messages since few months? It's well known
    and just one of the things that could be improved.

  3. Re: out-of-office replies are being catched by VBOUNCE

    Henrik K writes:
    > On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:06:37AM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > It seems that many Out of office messages are being catched as
    > > VBOUNCE_MESSAGE (virus bounces). Is that designed to be like that?
    > >
    > > I have no objections for catching out-of-office messages by VBounce ruleset,
    > > but shouldn't they be marked as BOUNCE_MESSAGE instead of VBOUNCE_MESSAGE?
    > >
    > > The reason seems to be in:
    > >
    > > header __VBOUNCE_AUTOMATIC Subject =~ /\b(automatic reply|AutoReply)\b/
    > >
    > > since I've seen many OOOs contain subject AutoReply or "automatic reply"

    > You haven't read all the VBounce messages since few months? It's well known
    > and just one of the things that could be improved.

    patches welcome. the bug is https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssass...ug.cgi?id=5888

    --j.

  4. Re: out-of-office replies are being catched by VBOUNCE

    On 12.06.08 12:44, Henrik K wrote:
    > You haven't read all the VBounce messages since few months? It's well known
    > and just one of the things that could be improved.

    I've read most of it, but I don't remember all the details. My memory is
    quite problematic now

    "Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]

+ Reply to Thread