whitelist_auth problem - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on whitelist_auth problem - SpamAssassin ; Hi All, A few days ago whitelist_auth and whitelist_from_dkim stopped working. Everything else seems to be working well. I haven't made any changes to the server recently so I find this puzzling. neither of these rules work: whitelist_from_dkim *@example.com whitelist_auth ...

  1. whitelist_auth problem

    Hi All,

    A few days ago whitelist_auth and whitelist_from_dkim stopped working.
    Everything else seems to be working well. I haven't made any changes to
    the server recently so I find this puzzling.

    neither of these rules work:
    whitelist_from_dkim *@example.com
    whitelist_auth *@example.com
    And it doesn't matter whether the rules are placed in local.cf or the
    userprefs MySQL table.

    whitelist_from and white_from_rcvd still work so I'm using those as a stop gap.

    This server is running SA 3.1.4 with compiled rules and user prefs in MySQL.

    Does anyone have any ideas what might have caused this to stop working? Or
    how I could troubleshoot it?

    Nedry

  2. Re: whitelist_auth problem

    On 07.06.08 15:19, Larry Nedry wrote:
    > A few days ago whitelist_auth and whitelist_from_dkim stopped working.
    > Everything else seems to be working well. I haven't made any changes to
    > the server recently so I find this puzzling.
    >
    > neither of these rules work:
    > whitelist_from_dkim *@example.com
    > whitelist_auth *@example.com

    didn't you upgrade any packages?

    Didn't example.com stop publishing domainkeys records?

    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

  3. Re: whitelist_auth problem

    On 6/8/08 at 10:41 AM +0200 Matus UHLAR wrote:
    >didn't you upgrade any packages?

    No, I haven't made any changes to the server in recent weeks.

    >Didn't example.com stop publishing domainkeys records?

    No, none of the domains that I have whitelisted have stopped publishing
    DomainKeys, SPF or DKIM records.

    Can I test using spamassassin -D < example.txt? What would I see in the
    log if the authorized whitelist rules were working correctly?

    Any other ideas how I could troubleshoot this problem?

    Nedry

  4. Re: whitelist_auth problem

    On 6/7/08 at 3:19 PM Larry Nedry wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >
    >A few days ago whitelist_auth and whitelist_from_dkim stopped working.
    >Everything else seems to be working well. I haven't made any changes to
    >the server recently so I find this puzzling.
    >
    >neither of these rules work:
    > whitelist_from_dkim *@example.com
    > whitelist_auth *@example.com
    >And it doesn't matter whether the rules are placed in local.cf or the
    >userprefs MySQL table.
    >
    >whitelist_from and white_from_rcvd still work so I'm using those as a stop
    >gap.
    >
    >This server is running SA 3.1.4 with compiled rules and user prefs in MySQL.
    >
    >Does anyone have any ideas what might have caused this to stop working? Or
    >how I could troubleshoot it?
    >
    >Nedry

    Anyone? Any ideas at all? I would really appreciate ANY ideas or
    suggestions on how to troubleshoot or resolve this issue.

    TIA,
    Nedry

  5. Re: whitelist_auth problem

    On Tue, June 10, 2008 22:53, Larry Nedry wrote:

    > Anyone? Any ideas at all? I would really appreciate ANY ideas or
    > suggestions on how to troubleshoot or resolve this issue.

    does the domain have dkim or spf ?

    dkim will fail if headers is modified from the signer

    what version of Mail:KIM do you use ?
    and Mail::SPF ?

    have you seen

    perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
    perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
    perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin:KIM

    and does

    spamassassin 2>&1 -D --lint

    give any missing perl modules and or errors ?

    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  6. Re: whitelist_auth problem

    On 6/7/08 at 3:19 PM -0500 Larry Nedry wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >
    >A few days ago whitelist_auth and whitelist_from_dkim stopped working.
    >Everything else seems to be working well. I haven't made any changes to
    >the server recently so I find this puzzling.
    >
    >neither of these rules work:
    > whitelist_from_dkim *@example.com
    > whitelist_auth *@example.com
    >And it doesn't matter whether the rules are placed in local.cf or the
    >userprefs MySQL table.
    >
    >whitelist_from and white_from_rcvd still work so I'm using those as a stop
    >gap.
    >
    >This server is running SA 3.1.4 with compiled rules and user prefs in MySQL.
    >
    >Does anyone have any ideas what might have caused this to stop working? Or
    >how I could troubleshoot it?
    >
    >Nedry

    Thanks for the reply Benny!

    On 6/11/08 at 12:08 AM Benny Pedersen wrote:
    >does the domain have dkim or spf ?

    Yes, all of the several domains that I have whitelisted have DKIM, SPF or
    DomainKeys. Mail from these domains are properly hitting the DKIM_SIGNED
    or SPF_PASS rules.

    >dkim will fail if headers is modified from the signer

    The headers have not been modified. Whitelisting, using the authenticated
    whitelist rules, was working fine until recently.

    >what version of Mail:KIM do you use ?
    >and Mail::SPF ?

    [25942] dbg: diag: module installed: Mail:KIM, version 0.30
    [25942] dbg: diag: module installed: Mail::SPF, version v2.005

    Both modules are working properly.

    >have you seen
    >
    >perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
    >perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
    >perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin:KIM

    Yes, I've read through them many times over the last several years. And
    recent weeks. :-)

    Both SPF and DKIM are working properly. The authenticated whitelist rules
    seem to be the only part of SA that isn't working.

    >and does
    >
    >spamassassin 2>&1 -D --lint
    >
    >give any missing perl modules and or errors ?

    No, there aren't any missing perl modules, errors or warnings. I have read
    every line in the debug output several times there are no indications of a
    problem.

    Is there anything else I can check?

    Nedry

+ Reply to Thread