plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC - SpamAssassin ; ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. Re: Replies to this list

  2. Re: Replies to this list

  3. plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    spamassassin 3.2.4-2, debian package. I'm getting occasional errors about
    missing utf8.pl file:

    plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
    /usr/share/perl5 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8
    /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at
    /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 732, line 1293.

    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted, line 1293.

    I have truly no idea where the problem is. Any ideas?

  4. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    > spamassassin 3.2.4-2, debian package. I'm getting
    > occasional errors about missing utf8.pl file:
    >
    > plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC (@INC
    > contains: /usr/share/perl5 /etc/perl
    > /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
    > /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
    > /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at
    > /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 732,
    > line 1293.
    >
    > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted, line 1293.
    >
    > I have truly no idea where the problem is. Any ideas?

    $ locate utf8.pl
    /usr/share/mysql/mysql-test/suite/funcs_2/lib/gen_charset_utf8.pl

    No idea. I have no idea what utf8.pl is..

  5. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On 07.06.08 10:56, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
    > $ locate utf8.pl
    > /usr/share/mysql/mysql-test/suite/funcs_2/lib/gen_charset_utf8.pl
    >
    > No idea. I have no idea what utf8.pl is..

    % locate utf8.pm
    /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/DBM_Filter/utf8.pm
    /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/utf8.pm
    % dlocate /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/utf8.pm
    perl-base: /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/utf8.pm

    seems to be from perl, at least from debian's perl package... Which perl
    version do you have installed?

    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

  6. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

    > % locate utf8.pm
    > /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/DBM_Filter/utf8.pm
    > /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/utf8.pm
    > % dlocate /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/utf8.pm
    > perl-base: /usr/share/perl/5.8.8/utf8.pm
    >
    > seems to be from perl, at least from debian's perl package... Which perl
    > version do you have installed?

    5.10.0-10 from current testing repository. Well, there is such file:

    /usr/share/perl/5.10.0/utf8.pm

    But spamassassin tries to find it in 5.8.8. And that's probably the
    reason. How to tell perl (or spamassassin?) to include
    /usr/share/perl/5.10.0 in @INC as well? Now this variable has only 5.8.8
    paths. I've created a symlink 5.8.8 -> 5.10.0, maybe it will work as a
    temporary solution.
    --
    Michał Jęczalik, +48.603.64.62.97

  7. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On 07.06.08 11:56, Michał Jęczalik wrote:
    > 5.10.0-10 from current testing repository. Well, there is such file:
    >
    > /usr/share/perl/5.10.0/utf8.pm
    >
    > But spamassassin tries to find it in 5.8.8. And that's probably the
    > reason. How to tell perl (or spamassassin?) to include
    > /usr/share/perl/5.10.0 in @INC as well? Now this variable has only 5.8.8
    > paths. I've created a symlink 5.8.8 -> 5.10.0, maybe it will work as a
    > temporary solution.

    Haven't you upgraded perl w/o reinstalling spamassassin? Or, doesn't
    spamassassin use old version of libperl?
    99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

  8. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

    >> But spamassassin tries to find it in 5.8.8. And that's probably the
    >> reason. How to tell perl (or spamassassin?) to include
    >> /usr/share/perl/5.10.0 in @INC as well? Now this variable has only 5.8.8
    >> paths. I've created a symlink 5.8.8 -> 5.10.0, maybe it will work as a
    >> temporary solution.

    > Haven't you upgraded perl w/o reinstalling spamassassin? Or, doesn't
    > spamassassin use old version of libperl?

    Both spamassassin and perl packages came directly from debian
    repositories. I didn't touch them. Probably it's some inconsistency among
    debian packages. Anyway, my symlink didn't work well, because I made a
    typo, but now I fixed it and we'll see...

    Michal

  9. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
    >> But spamassassin tries to find it in 5.8.8. And that's probably the
    >> reason. How to tell perl (or spamassassin?) to include
    >> /usr/share/perl/5.10.0 in @INC as well? Now this variable has only 5.8.8
    >> paths. I've created a symlink 5.8.8 -> 5.10.0, maybe it will work as a
    >> temporary solution.

    > Haven't you upgraded perl w/o reinstalling spamassassin? Or, doesn't
    > spamassassin use old version of libperl?

    OK, now I have a symlink and there's another problem:

    plugin: eval failed: Undefined subroutine utf8::SWASHGET called at
    /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 732

    Aaargh, I guess somebody at debian developers team did not coordinated
    perl and spamassassin packages somehow, but don't know why and how to fix
    it. ;(

  10. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    > On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
    >>> But spamassassin tries to find it in 5.8.8. And that's
    >>> probably the reason. How to tell perl (or
    >>> spamassassin?) to include /usr/share/perl/5.10.0 in
    >>> @INC as well? Now this variable has only 5.8.8 paths.
    >>> I've created a symlink 5.8.8 -> 5.10.0, maybe it will
    >>> work as a temporary solution.

    >> Haven't you upgraded perl w/o reinstalling spamassassin?
    >> Or, doesn't spamassassin use old version of libperl?

    > OK, now I have a symlink and there's another problem:
    >
    > plugin: eval failed: Undefined subroutine utf8::SWASHGET
    > called at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line
    > 732
    >
    > Aaargh, I guess somebody at debian developers team did
    > not coordinated perl and spamassassin packages somehow,
    > but don't know why and how to fix it. ;(

    $ perl --version

    This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi

    Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall

    Debian Etch with backports here. Dunno where did you get that perl 5.10 ???

  11. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

    >> Aaargh, I guess somebody at debian developers team did
    >> not coordinated perl and spamassassin packages somehow,
    >> but don't know why and how to fix it. ;(

    > $ perl --version
    >
    > This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    >
    > Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall
    >

    > Debian Etch with backports here. Dunno where did you get that perl 5.10 ???

    samotnia:~# perl --version

    This is perl, v5.10.0 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi

    ;-)

    samotnia:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://ftp.task.gda.pl/debian testing main contrib non-free
    deb http://secure-testing.debian.net/debian-secure-testing
    testing/security-updates main contrib non-free

    Nothing above that. Just plain 'testing' depository updates. Maybe it's
    too much for a production system, but it worked quite good for a couple of
    years so far.
    --
    Michał Jęczalik, +48.603.64.62.97

  12. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On 07.06.08 16:58, Michał Jęczalik wrote:
    > Both spamassassin and perl packages came directly from debian
    > repositories. I didn't touch them. Probably it's some inconsistency among
    > debian packages. Anyway, my symlink didn't work well, because I made a
    > typo, but now I fixed it and we'll see...

    if you are running testing of unstable versions of debian, or use backports,
    you must expect that. Wait for a few days, maybe new packages appear and
    problem wil be fixed. You are always welcome to re-build spamassassin
    yourself.

    Remember half the people you know are below average.

  13. Re: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC

    On 07.06.08 16:58, Michał Jęczalik wrote:
    > To: Matus UHLAR - fantomas
    > cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org

    And, please, do NOT send me private copies. I do not need nor want them.

    If I wouldn't read this list, I would not answer your message because I
    wouldn't know about it.

    Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.

  14. Replies to this list

    Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote (to someone else):

    > And, please, do NOT send me private copies. I do not need nor want them.

    I noticed I have to keep editing the To field every time I reply.
    Why doesn't the list insert a Reply-to directing replies to the list?

    It does have a Mail-Followup-To field, a proposal from 1997 that was not
    included in RFC 2822 in 2001, so not surprisingly clients don't know
    they should use it. If it was "standardized" in the last couple of
    years I expect someone here to educate me :-)

    Joseph Brennan

  15. Re: Replies to this list

    > Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote (to someone else):
    >
    >> And, please, do NOT send me private copies. I do not need nor want them.

    > I noticed I have to keep editing the To field every time I reply.
    > Why doesn't the list insert a Reply-to directing replies to the list?

    Reply-To considered harmful: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
    And still considered harmful:
    http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/repl...l-harmful.html

    -- Matthias

  16. Re: Replies to this list

    Matthias Leisi wrote:
    > Reply-To considered harmful: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
    > And still considered harmful:
    > http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/repl...l-harmful.html

    Yeah, well, "Considered Harmful" essays are also considered harmful:
    http://meyerweb.com/eric/comment/chech.html

    Let's remember that these essays are matters of individual opinion, not
    statements of indisputable truth handed down from on high.

    --
    Kelson Vibber
    SpeedGate Communications

  17. Re: Replies to this list

    Kelson wrote:
    > Yeah, well, "Considered Harmful" essays are also considered harmful:
    > http://meyerweb.com/eric/comment/chech.html

    It was inevitable that the format would be used on itself.

    > Let's remember that these essays are matters of individual opinion, not
    > statements of indisputable truth handed down from on high.

    They are still useful just the same. They are like FAQ documents.
    They inform and educate up to the present level of understanding of
    the issues involved in the problem. Since the Internet has no memory
    these are useful to hold the collective wisdom learned so far.

    Bob

  18. Re: Replies to this list

    On 09.06.08 09:45, Joseph Brennan wrote:
    > I noticed I have to keep editing the To field every time I reply.
    > Why doesn't the list insert a Reply-to directing replies to the list?
    >
    > It does have a Mail-Followup-To field, a proposal from 1997 that was not
    > included in RFC 2822 in 2001, so not surprisingly clients don't know
    > they should use it. If it was "standardized" in the last couple of
    > years I expect someone here to educate me :-)

    It's bad that so many clients don't support mailing lists in any way.

    Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

  19. Re: Replies to this list

    On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 09:45 -0400, Joseph Brennan wrote:
    > Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote (to someone else):
    >
    > > And, please, do NOT send me private copies. I do not need nor want them.

    ACK.

    > I noticed I have to keep editing the To field every time I reply.

    Please change to a sane MUA ...

    > Why doesn't the list insert a Reply-to directing replies to the list?

    .... because your MUA should have a "List-Reply" feature/button/...

    > It does have a Mail-Followup-To field, a proposal from 1997 that was not

    And that is good. "Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" was already
    mentioned.

    Bernd
    --
    Firmix Software GmbH http://www.firmix.at/
    mobil: +43 664 4416156 fax: +43 1 7890849-55

  20. Re: Replies to this list

    On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 11:55 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
    > Kelson wrote:
    > > Yeah, well, "Considered Harmful" essays are also considered harmful:
    > > http://meyerweb.com/eric/comment/chech.html

    > It was inevitable that the format would be used on itself.

    Of course. People should use more "on itself" - a lot of crap would
    simply vanish.

    > > Let's remember that these essays are matters of individual opinion, not
    > > statements of indisputable truth handed down from on high.

    Of course not.