plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on plugin: eval failed: Can't locate utf8.pm in @INC - SpamAssassin ; mouss wrote: > let's get a deal. we don't ask about your mac, and you don't ask about > our header is this fair? Not at all. If we were using my Mac together, I'd consider your input into how ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Replies to this list

    mouss wrote:

    > let's get a deal. we don't ask about your mac, and you don't ask about
    > our header is this fair?

    Not at all. If we were using my Mac together, I'd consider your input
    into how it's configured.

    Yes yes, the reply-to debate. Let's skip it. The presence of the
    Mail-Followup-To header field fooled me into thinking the list owners
    wanted replies to go to the list. Now I get it. Ha ha.

    Joseph Brennan

  2. Re: Replies to this list

    Am 2008-06-09 09:45:05, schrieb Joseph Brennan:
    > I noticed I have to keep editing the To field every time I reply.
    > Why doesn't the list insert a Reply-to directing replies to the list?

    We do not need it since recent/modern MUAs support .

    > It does have a Mail-Followup-To field, a proposal from 1997 that was not
    > included in RFC 2822 in 2001, so not surprisingly clients don't know
    > they should use it. If it was "standardized" in the last couple of
    > years I expect someone here to educate me :-)

    Sorry, but nearly all recent MUA support MTF.
    Maybe you should upbrade yours?

    Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

    Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
    +49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

  3. Re: Replies to this list

    Michelle Konzack wrote:
    > Am 2008-06-09 09:45:05, schrieb Joseph Brennan:
    >
    >> I noticed I have to keep editing the To field every time I reply.
    >> Why doesn't the list insert a Reply-to directing replies to the list?
    >>

    > We do not need it since recent/modern MUAs support .
    >

    >> It does have a Mail-Followup-To field, a proposal from 1997 that was not
    >> included in RFC 2822 in 2001, so not surprisingly clients don't know
    >> they should use it. If it was "standardized" in the last couple of
    >> years I expect someone here to educate me :-)
    >>

    > Sorry, but nearly all recent MUA support MTF.
    > Maybe you should upbrade yours?

    hmm. Didn't notice "upbrade" rather than "upgrade" until I was actually
    replying. ;-)

    Anyway, so Thunderbird doesn't qualify on that count.

    Nor does Apple's Mail app.

    And Eudora is essentially gone now.

    So, I'm not sure what you mean by "nearly all recent MUA".

    I found an "experimental" add-on (a version 0.3.1) for Thunderbird that
    will do it, but unless it's in the MUA as a standard feature, you can't
    count on it as a standard behavior. I'll try the add-on, because it may
    be easier if it works, but I always do a reply-all and then remove
    everything but the list. I think that is what most people who actually
    think about it do. But, I get plenty of duplicates from lists that I
    participate in, because plenty of people don't think about it.

    ---------------

    Chris Hoogendyk

    -
    O__ ---- Systems Administrator
    (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

    ---------------

    Erdös 4

  4. Re: Replies to this list

    Hi Chris,

    Am 2008-06-10 13:43:07, schrieb Chris Hoogendyk:
    > hmm. Didn't notice "upbrade" rather than "upgrade" until I was actually
    > replying. ;-)

    :-) Now I had to look into me German->English dictionary...

    Hmmm, maks no snese... "brad" is a "Drahtstift" but then a Reverse-
    Lookup give me "wire-tack" which is something like a "nail".

    > Anyway, so Thunderbird doesn't qualify on that count.

    Why?

    > So, I'm not sure what you mean by "nearly all recent MUA".

    Hmmm....

    [michelle.konzack@tp570:~] apt-cache search Apple Mail app
    [michelle.konzack@tp570:~] apt-cache search Eudora
    [michelle.konzack@tp570:~] apt-cache policy Apple Mail app
    W: Kann Paket Apple nicht finden
    W: Kann Paket Mail nicht finden
    W: Kann Paket app nicht finden
    [michelle.konzack@tp570:~] apt-cache policy Eudora
    W: Kann Paket Eudora nicht finden

    Hmmm, maybe wrong Operating System? ;-)

    ----[ command 'apt-cache search mail' ]---------------------------------
    egroupware-email - eGroupWare E-mail client application
    balsa - An e-mail client for GNOME
    bsd-mailx - A simple mail user agent
    elmo - text-based mail-reader supporting SMTP and POP3
    emacs - The GNU Emacs editor (metapackage)
    emacs21 - The GNU Emacs editor
    emacs21-nox - The GNU Emacs editor (without X support)
    emacs22 - The GNU Emacs editor
    emacs22-gtk - The GNU Emacs editor (with GTK user interface)
    emacs22-nox - The GNU Emacs editor (without X support)
    enigmail - Enigmail - GPG support for Thunderbird
    evolution - groupware suite with mail client and organizer
    gnumail-doc - GNUMail user guide
    gnumail.app - fully featured mail application
    gnus - A versatile news and mail reader for Emacsen
    heirloom-mailx - feature-rich BSD mail(1)
    iceape-mailnews - Iceape Mail & Newsgroups and Address Book
    icedove - free/unbranded thunderbird mail/news/rss clone
    kmail - KDE Email client
    mailody - fast IMAP mail user agent for KDE
    mutt - text-based mailreader supporting MIME, GPG, PGP and threading
    nail - feature-rich BSD mail(1)
    sylpheed - Light weight e-mail client with GTK+
    sylpheed-claws - Extended version of the Sylpheed mail client
    sylpheed-gtk1 - Light weight e-mail client with GTK+
    tkrat - Mail user agent with POP, IMAP, mh support using Tk
    vm - A mail user agent for Emacs.
    wl - mail/news reader supporting IMAP for emacsen
    wl-beta - mail/news reader supporting IMAP for emacsen (development version)
    xemacs21-gnome-mule - highly customizable text editor -- Mule binary
    xemacs21-gnome-mule-canna-wnn - highly customizable text editor -- Mule binary compiled with Canna and Wnn
    xemacs21-gnome-nomule - highly customizable text editor -- Non-mule binary
    xemacs21-mule - highly customizable text editor -- Mule binary
    xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn - highly customizable text editor -- Mule binary compiled with Canna and Wnn
    xemacs21-nomule - highly customizable text editor -- Non-mule binary
    xfmail - Mail reader using a nice XForms GUI
    af - An Emacs-like mail reader and composer
    cmail - A mail user agent for GNU Emacs

    Some of them are real killer apps... ;-)

    But I think, you as Windows user would not have real funn with them...

    > I found an "experimental" add-on (a version 0.3.1) for Thunderbird that
    > will do it, but unless it's in the MUA as a standard feature, you can't
    > count on it as a standard behavior. I'll try the add-on, because it may
    > be easier if it works, but I always do a reply-all and then remove
    > everything but the list. I think that is what most people who actually
    > think about it do. But, I get plenty of duplicates from lists that I
    > participate in, because plenty of people don't think about it.

    Hmmm, Thunderbird does support Mail-Followup-To: and with an extension

    However, I am using a highly tuned "mutt" and since arround 1 year I am
    coding a new MUA, since all what I know currently does not fit my needs.

    "mutt" is the only one, which reach nearly 80% of it.

    And of course, my MUA is a Server- Client IMAP application, coded in
    plain C, based on GTK+2 with PostgreSQL and Tsearch2. ;-)

    Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

    Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
    +49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

  5. Re: Replies to this list

    Michelle Konzack wrote:
    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > Am 2008-06-10 13:43:07, schrieb Chris Hoogendyk:
    >
    >> hmm. Didn't notice "upbrade" rather than "upgrade" until I was actually
    >> replying. ;-)
    >>

    > :-) Now I had to look into me German->English dictionary...
    >
    > Hmmm, maks no snese... "brad" is a "Drahtstift" but then a Reverse-
    > Lookup give me "wire-tack" which is something like a "nail".

    Yup. That would be "brad", but not "brade", which, in fact, is not a word.

    I took "upbrade" as a misspelling of "upbraid", which means to
    criticize, reproach or verbally discipline. Of course, it could also
    have just been a typo for "upgrade", but that wouldn't be as much fun.

    Chris Hoogendyk

    -
    O__ ---- Systems Administrator
    (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center