training messages that do not have Message-Id: - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on training messages that do not have Message-Id: - SpamAssassin ; Hello, afaik Message-Id is uses by Bayes filter to index all tokens from one message, to be able to le-learn or forget the messsage. How does bayes process messages that do not have Message-Id header? Is it worth use them ...

  1. training messages that do not have Message-Id:

    Hello,

    afaik Message-Id is uses by Bayes filter to index all tokens from one
    message, to be able to le-learn or forget the messsage.

    How does bayes process messages that do not have Message-Id header? Is it
    worth use them to train bayes or can it cause any problems?

    Thank you.
    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

  2. Re: training messages that do not have Message-Id:

    Matus UHLAR - fantomas writes:
    > Hello,
    >
    > afaik Message-Id is uses by Bayes filter to index all tokens from one
    > message, to be able to le-learn or forget the messsage.
    >
    > How does bayes process messages that do not have Message-Id header? Is it
    > worth use them to train bayes or can it cause any problems?

    it generates an MD5 checksum of the body, iirc.

+ Reply to Thread