Re: Vars for Custom Plugins - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: Vars for Custom Plugins - SpamAssassin ; Mark Martinec writes: > > > no, it is not. The real recipient is transferred in mail envelope, which > > > needs not to appeart in headers. > > Rick Duval wrote: > > How would you go about ...

  1. Re: Vars for Custom Plugins

    Mark Martinec writes:
    > > > no, it is not. The real recipient is transferred in mail envelope, which
    > > > needs not to appeart in headers.

    > Rick Duval wrote:
    > > How would you go about getting that?

    > Extend SpamAssassin's API to allow a caller to pass it additional
    > information, like envelope addresses in this case, and possibly
    > other interesting information about a SMTP session which never
    > make it into a mail header.

    Actually, I think we have a (semi-)documented protocol to do this,
    by forming a Received: header...

    --j.

  2. Re: Vars for Custom Plugins

    Justin Mason wrote:
    > Actually, I think we have a (semi-)documented protocol to do this,
    > by forming a Received: header...

    You mean for passing an envelope recipient - true. But it is not
    particularly useful if a message has 100 or 1000 envelope recipients.

    Eventually one would like (at least me) to be able to pass on
    additional information without having to devise ad-hoc X-*
    header fields for each new information and teaching SpamAssassin
    how to parse it (like passing OS fingerprinting info about a
    SMTP client, and even passing DKIM validation results to a plugin
    if a caller has already performed the check).

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread