vbounce question - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on vbounce question - SpamAssassin ; Hi, I have the vbounce plugin enabled in my spamassassin configuration. In 20_vbounce.cf it says: # If you use this, set up procmail or your mail app to spot the # "ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE" rule hits in the X-Spam-Status line, and move ...

  1. vbounce question

    Hi,

    I have the vbounce plugin enabled in my spamassassin configuration. In
    20_vbounce.cf it says:

    # If you use this, set up procmail or your mail app to spot the
    # "ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE" rule hits in the X-Spam-Status line, and move
    # messages that match that to a 'vbounce' folder.

    I've looked in the headers of some of my email that has been labeled as
    spam, and don't have a X-Spam-Status header. The rules that get triggered
    appear in the X-Spam-Score line as so:

    Would it work to use this line in procmailrc by doing something like this?

    :0:

    or is the fact that the score appears on the X-Spam_Score line between the
    keep this from matching?

    Thanks,

    Lisa Casey

  2. Re: vbounce question

    Lisa Casey wrote:
    > I've looked in the headers of some of my email that has been labeled as
    > spam, and don't have a X-Spam-Status header.

    Does it have an X-Spam-Checker-Version: header?

    I think if you are not seeing an X-Spam-Status: header then it isn't
    being processed through spamassassin. Perhaps another spam processor
    is running instead.

    > The rules that get triggered appear in the X-Spam-Score line as so:

    That isn't a SpamAssassin header. That is from MIMEDefang.

    http://www.mimedefang.org/

    > Would it work to use this line in procmailrc by doing something like this?
    >
    > :0:
    >
    > or is the fact that the score appears on the X-Spam_Score line between the
    > keep this from matching?

    The other stuff in the middle will keep it from matching. The
    procmail rule is a pattern. The pattern matches or doesn't match
    lines in the mail message. So to match something later in the line
    you would need to put a pattern in that can stretch to it. Something
    like this would do it for SpamAssassin. The ^ anchors at the
    beginning of the line. The . matches any character. The * says match
    any number of the previous . meaning match any number of any character
    any number of times. The .* makes a match against anything and is a
    very common idiom for matching anything. The \< matches only at the
    beginning of word. Putting it all together:

    :0:
    * ^X-Spam-Status:.*\ /lisa/mail/vbounce

    But again, the lines you are seeing are not coming from spamassassin
    but from MIMEDefang and therefore this will never match.

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread