Interesting data - but is it good for anything? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Interesting data - but is it good for anything? - SpamAssassin ; I started collecting host names where the registry barrier part of the FCrDNS is the same as the registry barrier part of the helo. I don't know what it's good for - if anything - but looking for ideas as ...

  1. Interesting data - but is it good for anything?

    I started collecting host names where the registry barrier part of the
    FCrDNS is the same as the registry barrier part of the helo. I don't
    know what it's good for - if anything - but looking for ideas as to what
    to do with it. Just have a gut level feeling that I'm on to something here.

  2. Re: Interesting data - but is it good for anything?

    On 23.05.08 13:43, Marc Perkel wrote:
    > I started collecting host names where the registry barrier part of the
    > FCrDNS is the same as the registry barrier part of the helo.

    does the FCrDNS stand for 'forward confirmed reverse DNS' ?

    > I don't know what it's good for - if anything - but looking for ideas as
    > to what to do with it. Just have a gut level feeling that I'm on to
    > something here.

    I doubt it's good for anything. Maybe somewhat complementary to
    RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH?
    I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.

+ Reply to Thread