Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record - SpamAssassin ; Marc Perkel wrote: > First to do what I'm doing you have to be using EXIM. If you aren't > running exim then you just can't do it. In fact, with all due respect, I > can't see how anyone ...

  1. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

    Marc Perkel wrote:

    > First to do what I'm doing you have to be using EXIM. If you aren't
    > running exim then you just can't do it. In fact, with all due respect, I
    > can't see how anyone can do spam filtering and not use exim as their MTA.

    qpsmtpd is another viable alternative.

    > Exim has a feature where you can execute code based on how the
    > connection is closed. It have a NOTQUIT acl and you can look at if the
    > connection timed out and a number of other things that caused the
    > connection to close without issuing a quit. Before the 451 error I store
    > information in variables that I can retrieve in the notquit acl and
    > based on that information I can send messages to another server that
    > accumulating information from all my servers.

    qpsmtpd has hooks that are called at various stages of the SMTP
    transaction. I believe it has one that fires on connection close.

    You can write plugins that are invoked by specific hooks and do pretty
    much whatever you want (they're just perl scripts).

    R.

  2. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

    Am 2008-05-23 11:18:57, schrieb Robin Bowes:
    > Marc Perkel wrote:
    >
    > >First to do what I'm doing you have to be using EXIM. If you aren't
    > >running exim then you just can't do it. In fact, with all due respect, I
    > >can't see how anyone can do spam filtering and not use exim as their MTA.

    > qpsmtpd is another viable alternative.

    I use "courier-mta" and have "spamassassin" and "clamav-ng" integrated.

    Do I mis something?

    Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

    Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
    +49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

+ Reply to Thread