trying allow email from a specific email address - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on trying allow email from a specific email address - SpamAssassin ; hi, i had a look for this issue but (surprisingly) couldn't find an answer in the forum i have this rule: header toSupport_MYCORP To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i describe toSupport_MYCORP Sent to our support alias score toSupport_MYCORP -2 but i get this ...

  1. trying allow email from a specific email address

    hi, i had a look for this issue but (surprisingly) couldn't find an answer
    in the forum

    i have this rule:

    header toSupport_MYCORP To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
    describe toSupport_MYCORP Sent to our support alias
    score toSupport_MYCORP -2

    but i get this in my logs:

    [16923] warn: Possible unintended interpolation of @mycorp in string at
    /etc/mail/spamassassin/myRules.cf, rule toSupport_MYCORP, line 1.
    [16923] warn: rules: failed to compile head tests, skipping:

    isn't escaping the "@" enough to get this rule functional

    thx!

  2. Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

    smcbutler wrote:
    > header toSupport_MYCORP To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
    > [16923] warn: Possible unintended interpolation of @mycorp in string at
    > /etc/mail/spamassassin/myRules.cf, rule toSupport_MYCORP, line 1.
    > isn't escaping the "@" enough to get this rule functional

    It should be enough. Therefore I have to ask the question. Did you
    restart your spamd after making that change? It appears that it is
    still running using the unescaped configuration from before your last
    edit. This would be a common trap for people. Try restarting your
    spamd. Try running spamassassin --lint to check the current rules.

    Hope that is it! :-)
    Bob

  3. Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

    Bob Proulx wrote:

    > smcbutler wrote:
    >> header toSupport_MYCORP To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
    >> [16923] warn: Possible unintended interpolation of @mycorp in string at
    >> /etc/mail/spamassassin/myRules.cf, rule toSupport_MYCORP, line 1.
    >> isn't escaping the "@" enough to get this rule functional

    > It should be enough. Therefore I have to ask the question. Did you
    > restart your spamd after making that change? It appears that it is
    > still running using the unescaped configuration from before your last
    > edit. This would be a common trap for people. Try restarting your
    > spamd. Try running spamassassin --lint to check the current rules.
    >
    > Hope that is it! :-)

    yes, that seemed to be problem

    thx Bob!

  4. Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

    On Thu, May 22, 2008 22:27, smcbutler wrote:

    > header toSupport_MYCORP To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i

    header toSupport_MYCORP To =~ /support\@mycorp\.com/i

    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  5. Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

    On Fri, May 23, 2008 00:58, smcbutler wrote:

    > yes, that seemed to be problem

    no the regexp is olso wroung since . oldso need \.

    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  6. Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

    > hi, i had a look for this issue but (surprisingly)
    > couldn't find an answer in the forum
    >
    > i have this rule:
    >
    > header toSupport_MYCORP To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
    > describe toSupport_MYCORP Sent to our support alias
    > score toSupport_MYCORP -2

    SA does that with settings:

    more_spam_to support@example.com

    or