Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: MailChannels Traffic Control (fwd) - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: MailChannels Traffic Control (fwd) - SpamAssassin ; On May 21, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote: >> I read every document on their website, and saw zero mentions of this >> feature. I can't research it further without getting the product >> here >> to test, ...

  1. Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: MailChannels Traffic Control (fwd)

    On May 21, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
    >> I read every document on their website, and saw zero mentions of this
    >> feature. I can't research it further without getting the product
    >> here
    >> to test, and I'm not suggesting that everyone do this -- just that
    >> everyone read the information available.

    > http://www.snertsoft.com/smtp/smtpf/

    Okay, this link wasn't available to me. I googled the term you
    provided and only found the FLS site. They had no links to this
    data. Next time you want to suggest that someone didn't research, you
    should be explicit with your links.

    > Test results are nice to read but thats it. Moreover: how fast? How
    > expensive? What about clustering? 99% effective with how many false
    > positives etc. Does it fight backscatter? What I am saying is that
    > there is more to it than this one figure.

    As afar as the slowdown is concerned, there aren't false positives.
    Read the text!

    > People: maybe. I did not do so. So if you want to accuse them, go
    > ahead but leave me out of this loop. Please provide a link which
    > describes what exactly they are doing. The things I could find
    > justify "peoples" statements a bit since most of what I read can
    > indeed be done with standard MTAs. Then they use a reputation
    > network (in the commercial version only?) so they do not have to do
    > the interesting tests themselve on the box. If I failed to see the
    > magic of the product please enlighten me and please apologize.

    Apologize for what? The top-level links on the website provided the
    information you claim isn't there. It's not stored on some other
    website nobody has named ...

    >> I accept your accusation about my research IF you can please point me
    >> to a document on FSL's website which addresses slowing down TCP
    >> sessions. I can't find it.

    > See above. From memory. Detailed description of all tests, options,
    > error messages etc.

    Your memory wasn't laid out to anyone else. Lacking your memory in my
    search pool, I used Google.

    I'm tired of wasting time with this pointless conversation. Just stop
    making authoritative statements about products you haven't researched.

    --
    Jo Rhett
    and other randomness

  2. Re: MailChannels Traffic Control

    Personally, I am tired of this entire thread. It has nothing to do with
    SA, so PLEASE move it to the MailChannels discussion forums or lists.

    Jo Rhett wrote:

    > I'm tired of wasting time with this pointless conversation. Just stop
    > making authoritative statements about products you haven't researched.

+ Reply to Thread