Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record - SpamAssassin ; ...

  1. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

  2. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

  3. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

  4. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

    On May 7, 2008, at 9:17 AM, mouss wrote:
    > what if he comes back later to the same MX, again and again (AFAIK,
    > this is the case with qmail)? mail will be lost.

    Good. Time for qmail to die ;-)

    --
    Jo Rhett
    and other randomness

  5. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

    mouss wrote:
    > Jo Rhett wrote:
    >>
    >> On May 7, 2008, at 9:17 AM, mouss wrote:
    >>> what if he comes back later to the same MX, again and again (AFAIK,
    >>> this is the case with qmail)? mail will be lost.

    >> Good. Time for qmail to die ;-)
    >>

    > start by updating the RFCs.

    Qmail only has a problem with lowest numbered MX getting a 4xx. It works
    fine with the highest numbered MX with 4xx.

  6. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

    On May 21, 2008, at 1:44 PM, mouss wrote:
    >> Good. Time for qmail to die ;-)
    >>

    > start by updating the RFCs.

    The RFCs are, and have always been clear on how MX records are
    supposed to be used.

    Are you just a nonsense machine? The SA list's personal eliza run
    through the borker?

    --
    Jo Rhett
    and other randomness

  7. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

    Jo Rhett wrote:

    > On May 7, 2008, at 9:17 AM, mouss wrote:
    >> what if he comes back later to the same MX, again and again (AFAIK,
    >> this is the case with qmail)? mail will be lost.

    > Good. Time for qmail to die ;-)

    Agreed. Qmail should die!

  8. Re: Experimental - use my server for your high fake MX record

    Marc Perkel wrote:

    > Jo Rhett wrote:
    >>
    >> On May 7, 2008, at 9:17 AM, mouss wrote:
    >>> what if he comes back later to the same MX, again and again (AFAIK,
    >>> this is the case with qmail)? mail will be lost.

    >> Good. Time for qmail to die ;-)
    >>

    > Agreed. Qmail should die!

    Why?

    R.