Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self? - SpamAssassin ; Let's focus this on specific technical details: 1. How does AWL deal with forgery (other than by saving a /16 of the source IP) 2. How can I easily see the AWL database for a given destination address?...

  1. Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self?

    Let's focus this on specific technical details:

    1. How does AWL deal with forgery (other than by saving a /16 of the
    source IP)

    2. How can I easily see the AWL database for a given destination
    address?

  2. Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self?

    Jo Rhett writes:
    > Let's focus this on specific technical details:
    >
    > 1. How does AWL deal with forgery (other than by saving a /16 of the
    > source IP)

    No other way. What's wrong with saving a /16? In my experience it's
    worked pretty well for the past few years...

    > 2. How can I easily see the AWL database for a given destination
    > address?

    tools/check_whitelist

    --j.

  3. Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self?

    On Tue, May 20, 2008 22:07, Justin Mason wrote:

    > No other way. What's wrong with saving a /16? In my experience it's
    > worked pretty well for the past few years...

    when mails is from foo@example.org to foo@example.org this should kill the
    attempt to get negative scores

    but positive should still be added :-)

    else turn down AWL_factor in the plugin, default is 0.5, but better imho is 0.25

    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  4. Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self?

    On May 20, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
    >> 1. How does AWL deal with forgery (other than by saving a /16 of the
    >> source IP)

    > No other way. What's wrong with saving a /16? In my experience it's
    > worked pretty well for the past few years...

    Seems to. I can logically think of ways it would/should break (ie
    public wireless networks) but I haven't seen any real problems until
    now, and the problem is specific to self<->self.

    My comment was only because Matt kept insisting that AWL prevents
    forgery...

    >> 2. How can I easily see the AWL database for a given destination
    >> address?

    > tools/check_whitelist

    Where can I find this? It's not in the Mail-SpamAssassin tarfile...

    --
    Jo Rhett
    and other randomness

  5. Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self?

    On 21 May 2008, Jo Rhett stated:

    > On May 20, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
    >>> 2. How can I easily see the AWL database for a given destination
    >>> address?

    >> tools/check_whitelist

    > Where can I find this? It's not in the Mail-SpamAssassin tarfile...

    It's in SVN.

    --
    `If you are having a "ua luea luea le ua le" kind of day, I can only
    assume that you are doing no work due [to] incapacitating nausea caused

+ Reply to Thread