Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI - SpamAssassin ; ...

  1. Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI

  2. Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI

    Thank you for taking the time to report this. We've audited this
    sender; they are a social network, where users can communicate within a
    network or users inviting friends to join a forum. The sender also
    implemented Captcha as part of the registration. We are working to find
    out more of the how they've acquired a spamtrap address. We will provide
    an update as we conclude this investigation.

    Kind regards,
    Eloise Carlton
    ecarlton@habeas.com

    On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
    wrote:
    > On 02.05.08 19:11, ram wrote:
    >> I am getting spams on my spamtraps which are coming with
    >> HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI
    >>
    >> Where do I report these

    > try searching the habeas website...
    > --
    > Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
    > Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity...

  3. Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI

    Yes but the invite option may be abused. Like yahoo calendar invites are
    abused to send spam

    On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 03:23 -0700, Eloise Carlton wrote:
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this. We've audited this
    > sender; they are a social network, where users can communicate within a
    > network or users inviting friends to join a forum. The sender also
    > implemented Captcha as part of the registration. We are working to find
    > out more of the how they've acquired a spamtrap address. We will provide
    > an update as we conclude this investigation.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Eloise Carlton
    > ecarlton@habeas.com
    >

    > On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
    > wrote:
    > > On 02.05.08 19:11, ram wrote:
    > >> I am getting spams on my spamtraps which are coming with
    > >> HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI
    > >>
    > >> Where do I report these

    > > try searching the habeas website...
    > > --
    > > Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
    > > Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
    > > Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
    > > Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity...

  4. Re: How to report FN on HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI

    We are working with the sender and providing recommendations to secure
    and monitor account users (such as using captcha to prevent bots from
    registering and setting rate limits on the user level). Currently there
    is no historical data on abuse from this particular user, they have
    flagged this account and another report will result in immediate
    deactivation. If there is another observation on abuse please send it to
    us.

    Kind regards,
    Eloise Carlton
    ecarlton@habeas.com

    On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:39 AM, mouss wrote:
    > ram wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes but the invite option may be abused. Like yahoo calendar invites are
    >> abused to send spam

    > Mailing-Lists also can be abused (try to subscribe with a forged address).
    >
    > the question is
    > - can the abuser put his text or url inside the message? If so, the site
    > should run the text and url through a spam filter.
    > - can abusers send a lot of mail? If so, the site should implement "rate
    > limiting"...
    > - can robots subscribe? If so, site should fix this.

+ Reply to Thread