VBounceRuleset for non-sysadmin? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on VBounceRuleset for non-sysadmin? - SpamAssassin ; I'm not the sysadmin but a user on someone else's machine. This other machine has SpamAssassin set up, and the VBounceRuleset module loaded, but does not have the whitelist_bounce_relays line in local.cf that is needed to make the rule function. ...

  1. VBounceRuleset for non-sysadmin?

    I'm not the sysadmin but a user on someone else's machine. This other
    machine has SpamAssassin set up, and the VBounceRuleset module loaded, but
    does not have the whitelist_bounce_relays line in local.cf that is needed to
    make the rule function.

    Would it function if I added that line to my user_prefs instead?

    Also, I send a lot of my outbound mail via GMail, even though I use my email
    on the linux box as my return address so I can pipe all my mail through
    spamassassin. If my sysadmin adds a whitelist_bounce_relays line to local.cf,
    can I add another with my GMail outgoing server to my user_prefs and have it
    work?

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody help,
    Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | I'm trapped in

  2. Re: VBounceRuleset for non-sysadmin?

    On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 16:20 -0500, Robotech_Master wrote:
    > I'm not the sysadmin but a user on someone else's machine. This other
    > machine has SpamAssassin set up, and the VBounceRuleset module loaded,
    > but does not have the whitelist_bounce_relays line in local.cf that is
    > needed to make the rule function.
    >
    > Would it function if I added that line to my user_prefs instead?

    Yes.

    http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...n_VBounce.html

    "The following options can be used in both site-wide (local.cf) and
    user-specific (user_prefs) configuration files to customize how
    SpamAssassin handles incoming email messages."

    > Also, I send a lot of my outbound mail via GMail, even though I use my
    > email on the linux box as my return address so I can pipe all my mail
    > through spamassassin. If my sysadmin adds a whitelist_bounce_relays
    > line to local.cf, can I add another with my GMail outgoing server to
    > my user_prefs and have it work?

    Yes. You can have as many whitelist_bounce_relays entries. Just be sure
    to add all of those you really do use.

    guenther

    --
    char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a \x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
    main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i (c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}

+ Reply to Thread