Spanish Content - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Spanish Content - SpamAssassin ; Hello, I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due to some of the symbols used. Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account? Should they use English content and use a web link ...

  1. Spanish Content

    Hello,

    I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due to
    some of the symbols used.

    Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?

    Should they use English content and use a web link for the Spanish content?

    Thanks very much for your insight.

    Kindest Regards,

    Josie

    Josie Walls

    Senior Email Deliverability Manager

    WhatCounts, Inc.

    Business Email, RSS, Mobile, and Blog Marketing
    206-709-8250 X143 (office)
    917-361-4155 (cell)
    206-709-9210 (fax)
    800-440-7005 (support)

  2. Re: Spanish Content

    Josie Walls escribió:

    > Hello,
    >

    > I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due
    > to some of the symbols used.
    >

    > Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?
    >

    > Should they use English content and use a web link for the Spanish
    > content?
    >

    > Thanks very much for your insight.
    >

    > Kindest Regards,
    >

    > Josie

    Try adding

    loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat

    to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, to enable the TextCat plugin

    then add

    ok_locales en
    ok_languages en es

    to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, and restart spamd (if you use
    the daemon)

    For more info on usage, etc -->
    http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...n_TextCat.html

    Regards
    /Diego

  3. Re: Spanish Content

    Diego Pomatta escribió:
    > For more info on usage, etc -->
    > http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...n_TextCat.html

    Make that
    http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...n_TextCat.html
    for the 3.2.x version.

  4. Re: Spanish Content

    Diego Pomatta escribió:
    > Try adding
    >
    > loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat
    >
    > to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, to enable the TextCat plugin

    Or better yet, edit your /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre file and
    uncomment #loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat
    It's already there :$ but disabled by default.

  5. Re: Spanish Content

    > > I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due
    > > to some of the symbols used.
    > >
    > > Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?

    > Try adding
    >
    > loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat
    >
    > to your /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, to enable the TextCat plugin
    > then add
    >
    > ok_locales en
    > ok_languages en es

    Enabling these will NOT help. The default for both is all.

    Moreover, enabling these will just trigger additional rules for charsets
    and languages respectively, that are not in the list.

    ok_locales [1] en will only change anything in this case of Spanish
    content, if it is currently set to a list that neither contains all nor
    en. In which case English text would suffer from the same.

    Adding ok_languages es will only change anything, if it is missing from
    the list and the plugin already is enabled, plus the messages in
    question hitting UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY.

    In general, both these settings are to tighten the default setup, and
    add *additional* rules for charsets or languages not in the list. They
    are not useful for lowering the score.

    guenther

    [1] http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...nguage_options

    --
    char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a \x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
    main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i (c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}

  6. Re: Spanish Content

    On 13.05.08 10:59, Josie Walls wrote:
    > I have a client that uses Spanish content and is getting filtered due to
    > some of the symbols used.

    what rules do those hit? Maybe you use some rules that have false positives
    for non-english languages (chickenpox or so)

    > Is there anything in SpamAssasin that takes that into account?
    >
    > Should they use English content and use a web link for the Spanish content?

    It's more you should fix your rules
    Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...

+ Reply to Thread