Karsten:

2008/5/13 Karsten Bräckelmann :

> > Yup. Did you whitelist your servers? If you don't do it, SA doesn't
> > know how to tell a legit bounce from UBE-generated bounces.
> >
> > You should have something like
> > whitelist_bounce_relays my.server.name other.server.name
> > in your local.cf.

> True, and the OP did. He included another header snipped, showing
> ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE hitting.
>

> > Then you'll start to notice how bounce notifications start to get
> > tagged as spam.

> This is not true, however. VBounce will add a mere 0.1 or 0.2 to the
> score, which hardly can be seen as "tagging as spam". The purpose of
> VBounce is to *identify* backscatter. Not to treat it as spam. Please,
> let me re-iterate what I have posted in here a bunch of times
> already...

Well, you're right. I didn't express myself clearly. However, I have a
heavily modified vbounce2.cf in the /etc/spamassassin/ folder, which
assigns a default score of 7 so many bounce messages, since we don't
accept foreign bounces here.

> $ grep -A 2 procmail /usr/share/spamassassin/20_vbounce.cf
>
> # If you use this, set up procmail or your mail app to spot the
> # "ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE" rule hits in the X-Spam-Status line, and move
> # messages that match that to a 'vbounce' folder.
>
> guenther
>

> --
> char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a \x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
> main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i > (c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the real aim of VBounce. I lost it
completely, and now you've got me thinking if what I'm doing is wrong.

Regards,

Luis
--

GNU/GPL: "May The Source Be With You...