On Apr 22, 2008, at 5:31 AM, Christoph Petersen wrote:
> He guys,
>
> for my setup I use a MySQL DB as the store for bayes and AWL. Every
> process
> is opening, querying and closing his own DB connection which results
> in
> latency and is not necessary.

Really? Thats interesting, in all my tests MySQL has always done well,
it is very cheap to recreate MySQL connections so the DBI Persistence
plugin has never been a big win at all for MySQL.

> I tries MyDBI (the result of the Summer of
> Code 2007) but then I get strange errors in my log:
>
> warn: spamd: DBD driver has not implemented the AutoCommit attribute
> at
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/DBI.pm line 689, line 114.
>
> warn: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
> usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/SQL.pm line
> 133,
> line 28.
>
> warn: bayes: database version is different than we understand (3),
> aborting!
> at usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/SQL.pm
> line 136,
> line 28.
>
> Is there another plugin which can achieve persistent db connections?
> Or some
> clues to fix the abovementioned issues?

You say you tried the original plugin from here:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DBIPlugin

and got the same error?

I have to ask, are you sure it was working without the plugin installed?

Please provide the following information:

1) The output of the following command:

spamassassin --debug=generic,diag --lint

2) Your local.cf contents, feel free to block out any passwords.

3) What version of DBD::mysql you are running.

Thanks
Michael