Am Sonntag, 20. April 2008 22:51 schrieb Christoph Petersen:
> Hi guys,
>
> some days ago I started deploying spamassassin in a load balanced
> environment (though no real lb but round robin DNS lb with spamc's -d
> switch). When I watch the logs it's sometimes with peaks that one server =

is
> under heavy load > 90 spamd childs and the other very low.
>
> Maybe it's a good idea to create something like a spamc deamon wich can
> distribute the load better among the childs so that both systems are bett=

er
> used.
>
> Feedback is welcome - maybe I'm on a very wrong train here but spam is n=

ot
> getting less..
>
> BR
> Christoph

Real good loadbalancer is Linux Virtual Server (LVS,=20
www.linuxvirtualserver.org). Try localhost option to distribute load to loc=
al=20
node AND use Linux-HA (heartbeat) for high availabliliy.

Hint: ldirectord as a resource in Linux-HA version 2. Also use pingd to che=
ck=20
availability of the nodes inside heartbeat.

Sounds difficult to set up, but when you get used to it it is quite simple,=
=20
works good and ist VERY scalable.

=2D-=20
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH
Addresse: Bretonischer Ring 7; 85630 Grasbrunn; Germany
Tel: +49 - 89 - 45 69 11 0
=46ax: +49 - 89 - 45 69 11 21
mob: +49 - 174 - 343 28 75

mail: misch@multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht M=FCnchen HRB 114375
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: G=FCnter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

=2D--

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42