On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 23:51 +0200, mouss wrote:
> JasonHirsh wrote:

> > I do not recall doing two installations. I know I had some problems

> with
> > ports initially (two or three years ago)
> > But your input solved my SA-Learn problem

> you said "ports"? maybe a FreeBSD then? if so
> # pkg_delete spamassassin

DO NOT do that, unless you are really positive that the live SA version
is installed from source, and did not overwrite or share *any* file with
the one installed by ports.

I still believe the sa-learn that got in the way to NOT be part of SA.
No SA sa-learn ever hardcoded ~nospam/Maildir/, I believe...

> But then why not use the ports version instead of installing yours?

Who said he isn't?

guenther

I believe I am using the ports version, Maybe you know off hand if the
amavisd-new port automatically installs SA. There is a possibility since I
used a mix of installation instructions, that IF amavisd installed SA I may
have installed again after wards.

I have found the realationship between SA and amavisd confusing at best