JasonHirsh wrote:

>> such

>> --sync

>>> ie: make sure you're passing the --spam parameter, and no rebuild
>>> parameter.
>>>

>> I did added the spam parameter and got the exact same error messsege
>>

> Try 'which sa-learn' and 'locate sa-learn'. The failure about the not
> found dir and especially the complaint about the option you did not
> specify suggests, there is an (outdated) wrapper script early in the
> PATH, and you are not actually calling sa-learn as provided by SA.
>
> guenther
>

> Ok
> which sa-learn yields /usr/bin/sa-learn
> locate produces i
> /usr/bin/sa-learn
> /usr/local/bin/sa-learn

you seem to have two versions of spamassassin on your system (one
installed from a package?). you should only have one version, otherwise,
it is hard to troubleshoot problems...

you can try running sa-learn with the full path and see what it says:

/usr/local/bin/sa-learn --spam
/var/mail/vmail/example.com/user/.INBOX.spam/cur/

It is possible that I messed up during the original installation
as noted below your post when I deleted the /usr/bin/sa-learn
all ran good. If I am not mistaking a package/rpm would tend to go with
the /usr/bin while
ports (which I did not appreciate whn I started would go with the
usr/local/bin
location.. At least I got it to run