On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 09:46 -0700, JasonHirsh wrote:
> Matt Kettler-3 wrote:

> >> I have SA 3.17 running with amavisd-new, dovecot and Postfix 2.4.3 and
> >> Clama/v on freebsd 6.1
> >>
> >> I am trying to"teach" sa using the following
> >>
> >> sa-learn /var/mail/vmail/example.com/user/.INBOX.spam/cur/
> >>
> >> this is a maildir I have put around 175 spam messages in..
> >>
> >> I got the following response
> >>
> >> Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)
> >> spam done.archive-iterator: unable to open ~nospam/Maildir/new/: No

> such
> >> file or directory
> >> Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)
> >> ls: ~nospam/Maildir/new/: No such file or directory
> >> nospam done.The --rebuild option has been deprecated. Please use

> --sync
> >> instead.

> > ie: make sure you're passing the --spam parameter, and no rebuild
> > parameter.

> I did added the spam parameter and got the exact same error messsege

Try 'which sa-learn' and 'locate sa-learn'. The failure about the not
found dir and especially the complaint about the option you did not
specify suggests, there is an (outdated) wrapper script early in the
PATH, and you are not actually calling sa-learn as provided by SA.

guenther

Ok
which sa-learn yields /usr/bin/sa-learn
locate produces i
/usr/bin/sa-learn
/usr/local/bin/sa-learn

my root user path (since I am running sa-learn as SU) is
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

as you noted the sa-learn script in the first folder has the bad
information