I have SA 3.17 running with amavisd-new, dovecot and Postfix 2.4.3 and
Clama/v on freebsd 6.1

I am trying to"teach" sa using the following

sa-learn /var/mail/vmail/example.com/user/.INBOX.spam/cur/

this is a maildir I have put around 175 spam messages in..

I got the following response

Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)
spam done.archive-iterator: unable to open ~nospam/Maildir/new/: No such
file or directory
Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)
ls: ~nospam/Maildir/new/: No such file or directory
nospam done.The --rebuild option has been deprecated. Please use --sync
instead.

My novice analysis is that there is a default configuration for the bayesian
learning that provides a default path for SA-learn.

I have checked amavisd.conf and local.cf and can not find it. Am I looking
for the wrong file?

Thank for any help that can be given

Jason