is this backscatter or not - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on is this backscatter or not - SpamAssassin ; Hi, I'd like to discuss if returning a mail that went through a mailing list, b= ack=20 to the sender can be described as backscatter. I sent the postmaster a mail= =20 becouse they filter mails that contains specific words ...

  1. is this backscatter or not

    Hi,
    I'd like to discuss if returning a mail that went through a mailing list, b=
    ack=20
    to the sender can be described as backscatter. I sent the postmaster a mail=
    =20
    becouse they filter mails that contains specific words and send a bounce to=
    =20
    the sender. Now i'm preparing to dicuss this with him/her and would like to=
    =20
    hear your opinion.
    =2D-=20
    best regards/Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen
    Arvid Ephraim Picciani

  2. Re: is this backscatter or not

    "Arvid Ephraim Picciani" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'd like to discuss if returning a mail that went through a mailing list,

    back
    > to the sender can be described as backscatter. I sent the postmaster a

    mail
    > becouse they filter mails that contains specific words and send a bounce

    > the sender. Now i'm preparing to dicuss this with him/her and would like

    > hear your opinion.

    It's not backscatter. It's an indication of a bad mailing list
    configuration. Errors should be returned to the address of the list
    maintainer, not the post's sender.

+ Reply to Thread