On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, hiram wrote:
/Hiram,
If you are going to administer a Unix system you need to know the basics
of paths and shells. If you look -CLOSELY- at what Jim wrote you will
see that it is not the same as what you did.

You did:
spamassassin restart

Jim said:
./spamassassin restart

Note that "./" at the beginning of the command that Jim told you to use.
If you do not understand the importance of that "./" then you need to do
some reading to learn about it or you will have problems with more than
just Spamassasin.

When first encountering Unix little details like that one are easy to
overlook and and get confusing unexpected results. Once you learn those
important basic concepts life is easier.

Good luck and understanding.

> Hi Jim!
>
> Yep, that's exactly what I meant, I change to directory "/etc/init.d/" and
> from the root shell prompt "#" I write:
> spamassassin restart
> But it seems that it wants to process the file "restart", instead of
> understanding the option restart.
>
> Thanks for your answer,
>
> /Hiram
>

> Jim Knuth wrote:
>>
>> Am 12.04.2008 0:41 Uhr, schrieb hiram:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> It's Hiram again. I've updated the "local.cf" file and I'm trying to
>>> restart
>>> spam assassin.
>>> I write:
>>> /etc/init.d/# spamassassin restart
>>> But I get:
>>> Unable to open restart: No such file or directory

[snip..]

--
Dave Funk University of Iowa
College of Engineering