> Hi Jim!
>=20
> Yep, that's exactly what I meant, I change to directory
> "/etc/init.d/" and from the root shell prompt "#" I write:
> spamassassin restart
> But it seems that it wants to process the file "restart",
> instead of understanding the option restart.
>=20
> Thanks for your answer,
>=20
> /Hiram
>=20

Linux shell does not run commands from the current directory, but from =
that PATH environment variable, which does not have current directory in =
it.

So your command will start /usr/bin/spamassassin and not the =
/etc/init.d/spamassassin

/usr/bin/spamassassin is the scanner for spam, and it tries to open the =
file given to it as a parameter, in your case: "restart". As there is no =
file "restart" in your current directory, it complains.

You have to command "/etc/init.d/spammassassin restart" and there is no =
point on changing to that directory beforehand.

If you have a RedHat or SuSE based Linux distro, you can also use the =
"service" command. "service spamassassin restart"