On 11 Apr 2008 at 16:55, Justin Mason wrote:

> Jeff Koch writes:
> > From what I've seen the VBounce ruleset catches ALL backscatter and does
> > not distinguish between legitimate bounce-backs and bounce-backs of emails
> > with forged return addresses - which basically makes it useless for
> > filtering out joe-jobs.
> >
> > VBounce should be matching the forged name of the orginating mailserver
> > against the IP address of the originating mailserver.

> If you set whitelist_bounce_relays, that's exactly what it does.

> > >There's no problem. SpamAssassin 3.2.x includes the VBounce ruleset which
> > >is expressly designed to catch backscatter -- and does a good job at it.
> > >
> > >If you have a backscatter problem, you need to start using that ruleset.
> > >
> > >--j.

> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Jeff Koch, Intersessions

I have some domains whos users send mail from variouis places on the
web and some whose relays I know, so I don't have a definitive list
of mail relays.

1.) Can whitelist_bounce_relays have any wildcards or match on a
partial domain?

2.) Can whitelist_bounce_relays be set per domain?

Thanks,

Jesse Regier

Jesse Regier
Computer Systems, Inc.