Good morning,

We recently upgraded to SA 3.2.4 and are experiencing much slower
processing. After watching my rule hits for a few days I would like to
remove some rules (set score to 0) to gain back some speed.

Ami I correct in believing that the below rules will not be run and no
lookup will be made if skip_rbl_checks is set to 1? Looking at my
dnscache I think this is true.

RCVD_IN_NJABL_RELAY
RCVD_IN_NJABL_SPAM
RCVD_IN_NJABL_MULTI
RCVD_IN_NJABL_CGI
RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY
RCVD_IN_SORBS_HTTP
RCVD_IN_SORBS_SOCKS
RCVD_IN_SORBS_MISC
RCVD_IN_SORBS_SMTP
RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB
RCVD_IN_SORBS_BLOCK
RCVD_IN_SORBS_ZOMBIE
RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL
RCVD_IN_SBL
RCVD_IN_XBL
RCVD_IN_PBL
DNS_FROM_RFC_DSN
DNS_FROM_RFC_BOGUSMX
RCVD_IN_WHOIS_BOGONS
RCVD_IN_WHOIS_HIJACKED
RCVD_IN_WHOIS_INVALID
RCVD_IN_DSBL
DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL
DNS_FROM_SECURITYSAGE
RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET
RCVD_IN_MAPS_RBL
RCVD_IN_MAPS_DUL
RCVD_IN_MAPS_RSS
RCVD_IN_MAPS_NML
RCVD_IN_BSP_TRUSTED
RCVD_IN_BSP_OTHER
RCVD_IN_IADB_VOUCHED
HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI
HABEAS_ACCREDITED_SOI
HABEAS_CHECKED
SPF_PASS
SPF_NEUTRAL
SPF_FAIL
SPF_SOFTFAIL
SPF_HELO_PASS
SPF_HELO_NEUTRAL
SPF_HELO_FAIL
SPF_HELO_SOFTFAIL
RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI
RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW
RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED
RCVD_IN_DOB
RCVD_IN_IADB_DK
RCVD_IN_IADB_DOPTIN
RCVD_IN_IADB_DOPTIN_GT50
RCVD_IN_IADB_DOPTIN_LT50
RCVD_IN_IADB_EDDB
RCVD_IN_IADB_EPIA
RCVD_IN_IADB_GOODMAIL
RCVD_IN_IADB_LISTED
RCVD_IN_IADB_LOOSE
RCVD_IN_IADB_MI_CPEAR
RCVD_IN_IADB_MI_CPR_30
RCVD_IN_IADB_MI_CPR_MAT
RCVD_IN_IADB_ML_DOPTIN
RCVD_IN_IADB_NOCONTROL
RCVD_IN_IADB_OOO
RCVD_IN_IADB_OPTIN
RCVD_IN_IADB_OPTIN_GT50
RCVD_IN_IADB_OPTIN_LT50
RCVD_IN_IADB_OPTOUTONLY
RCVD_IN_IADB_RDNS
RCVD_IN_IADB_SENDERID
RCVD_IN_IADB_SPF
RCVD_IN_IADB_UNVERIFIED_1
RCVD_IN_IADB_UNVERIFIED_2
RCVD_IN_IADB_UT_CPEAR
RCVD_IN_IADB_UT_CPR_30
RCVD_IN_IADB_UT_CPR_MAT

I would also like to not run the following rules, they hit, but in less
than 1% of my spam do they make any difference. The lookups are not
worth it, at least not for our mail, not today. That all may change. I
am assuming I will need to set each one to zero to stop any lookups?

URIBL_SBL
URIBL_COMPLETEWHOIS
URIBL_RHS_ABUSE
URIBL_RHS_AHBL
URIBL_RHS_BOGUSMX
URIBL_RHS_DOB
URIBL_RHS_DSN
URIBL_RHS_POST
URIBL_RHS_TLD_WHOIS
URIBL_RHS_WHOIS
WHOIS_1AND1PR
WHOIS_AITPRIV
WHOIS_CONTACTPRIV
WHOIS_DMNBYPROXY
WHOIS_DOMESCROW
WHOIS_DOMPRIVCORP
WHOIS_DREAMPRIV
WHOIS_DROA
WHOIS_DYNADOT
WHOIS_FINEXE
WHOIS_GKGPROXY
WHOIS_IDSHIELD
WHOIS_IDTHEFTPROT
WHOIS_KATZ
WHOIS_LISTINGAG
WHOIS_LNOA
WHOIS_MAPNAME
WHOIS_MONIKER_PRIV
WHOIS_MYPRIVREG
WHOIS_NAMEKING
WHOIS_NAMESECURE
WHOIS_NETID
WHOIS_NETSOLPR
WHOIS_NOLDC
WHOIS_NOMINET
WHOIS_PRIVACYPOST
WHOIS_PRIVDOMAIN
WHOIS_PRIVPROT
WHOIS_REGISTER4LESS
WHOIS_REGISTERFLY
WHOIS_REGTEK
WHOIS_SAFENAMES
WHOIS_SECINFOSERV
WHOIS_SECUREWHOIS
WHOIS_SPAMFREE
WHOIS_SRSPLUS
WHOIS_UNLISTED
WHOIS_WHOISGUARD
WHOIS_WHOISPROT

Thanks,

DAve

--
In 50 years, our descendants will look back on the early years
of the internet, and much like we now look back on men with