> installed current win version on an xp box, using last paid version of
> eudora, inserted "127.0.0.1" in place of POP3 mail server as advised in
> manual, but eudora wants a password every time one changes a server
> name.....and I cannot find one that works.

Not really an SA issue but it is probably a config issue. Most proxies
need you to set the pop3 username to the full login credentials like
'username@pop3server' so they know where to send your request.

As someone that was happy with Eudora for the better part of 10 years I
can say that Eudora doesn't have a password that is causing you problems.

--Blaine