Hello,

I have upgraded SpamAssassin from 3.1.8 to 3.2.4 today. First I got
errors about a "nonexistent" path all the time. Then I added the path to
the auto_whitelist directory in local.cf. Now I get this error message
every few seconds:

Apr 4 20:01:36 mond spamd[14283]: auto-whitelist: open of
auto-whitelist file failed: locker: safe_lock: cannot create lockfile
/root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.mutex: Permission denied

This time, I couldn't find a solution on the web. Here's the directory
listing:

20:35 root@mond ~/.spamassassin > ls -al
total 516
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Apr 4 16:35 ./
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 4096 Apr 4 19:03 ../
-rw------- 1 root root 12288 Apr 4 16:42 auto-whitelist
-rw------- 1 root root 6 Apr 4 19:03 auto-whitelist.mutex
-rw------- 1 root root 350 Apr 4 17:42 bayes.mutex
-rw------- 1 root root 24576 Apr 4 17:42 bayes_seen
-rw------- 1 root root 647168 Apr 4 17:42 bayes_toks

What's the problem? Before the upgrade, I removed all traces from SA on
the system (locate & rm -rf). It was previously installed through CPAN.
But I don't think that CPAN is that "comprehensive" at all and decided
not to use it again where I can. This SA was installed from the tarball.
The /root/.spamassassin directory was created automatically then.

So if it doesn't work out of the box, what can I do next?

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel"