can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self? - SpamAssassin ; I send myself a lot of email from my phone. So AWL properly scores me well. I just got a piece of SPAM which should have scored 12.something that got a -6 from the AWL. I think that mail from ...

  1. can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self?

    I send myself a lot of email from my phone. So AWL properly scores
    me well.

    I just got a piece of SPAM which should have scored 12.something that
    got a -6 from the AWL.

    I think that mail from self to self should be ignored by the AWL.
    (it's harder to forged mail from a regular correspondent, so this
    makes AWL more useful)

    --
    Jo Rhett
    and other randomness

  2. Re: can we make AWL ignore mail from self to self?

    "Jo Rhett" wrote in message
    > I send myself a lot of email from my phone. So AWL properly scores
    > me well.
    >
    > I just got a piece of SPAM which should have scored 12.something that
    > got a -6 from the AWL.
    >
    > I think that mail from self to self should be ignored by the AWL.
    > (it's harder to forged mail from a regular correspondent, so this
    > makes AWL more useful)

    Apparently, alot of people do this (send mail to themselves). However,
    spammers also send such messages, knowing that many of them will bypass
    filters. Therefore, this should be ENFORCED and if you choose to disable it
    as a local option, you have been warned.

+ Reply to Thread