--------------000609070705070609010001

Hi!

I'm using the spamass-milter 0.3.1. I searched in the milter's man-page
for a command to specify the timeout but didn't find anything. I also
had a look at the options that are possible to set when executing the
../configure.sh before starting "make" and "make install" but... nothing
to set here. Could you suggest another milter for sendmail and
spamassassin that is able to configure in that way?
--

Sebastian

am 11.03.2008 17:26 schrieb David B Funk:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Sebastian Hoffmann wrote:
>
>> This was why I postet the settings from the sendmail-milter:
>>
>> "INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
>> S=local:/var/spamd/spamass-milter.sock,
>> F=,T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')
>> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',
>> S=local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.socket,
>> F=,T=S:4m;R:4mī)
>> dnl define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clmilter,spamassassin,clmilter') "
>>
>> All timeouts here are set in minutes for the milter, not in seconds, or
>> even a setting with ":10s". I thought that these were the settings for
>> the milter, arent't they?
>> Does anybody know where I can increse an value that seemes to be set to
>> 10 seconds by default? I don't know where to start...

> [snip..]
>
> The timeout parameters in your sendmail .mc/.cf file are for the
> communications from sendmail -to- the milter daemon. There is another
> conversation that is going on between the milter daemon and spamd.
> (IE sendmail passes the message to the milter daemon, the milter daemon
> passes it on to spamd, spamd processes the message and replies to the
> milter daemon, the milter daemon then reports back to sendmail).
>
> So it looks like your milter daemon has a short (10s) timeout for when
> -it- talks to spamd, so if spamd takes more than 10s to process the
> message and reply back to the milter daemon, the milter daemon declares
> spamd to be non-responding and errors out. (that's an unrealisticly short
> timeout).
>
> So you need to look at the configuration of the milter daemon to see how
> to change its timeouts. That may be a config option or may be hardcoded
> inside the milter.
>
> Which specific milter are you using? Do you have the source code for it?

--------------000609070705070609010001

begin:vcard
fn:Sebastian Hoffmann
n:Hoffmann;Sebastian
org:Pallas Group GmbH;IT / Programmierung
adr:;;Auf dem Esch 8;Diepholz;;49356;Deutschland
email;internet:sebastian.hoffmann@pallas-group.de
title:IT-Administrator
tel;work:+49-5441-977-180
tel;home:+49-5441-9923891