I'm unclear if this is RFC compliant or not, the specs DO say in Section
3.8.2 "environments may not conform eactly to this specification" - see
other RFC references..

The following line causes UNPARSEABLE_RELAY:

(63.218.155.52) with ESMTP id m27NKoCv031779 for ;
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:20:50 -0600

Simply changing the host IP to host1.internal in ( ) as below causes it
to parse:

(63.218.155.52) with ESMTP id m27NKoCv031779 for ;
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:20:50 -0600

We have a site that we whitelist via whitelist_from_rcvd so when we get
UNPARSEABLE_RELAY it ignores the whitelist. This SEEMS like a bug in
spamassassin.

RFC specs I read include:

Section 4.1.3 Address Literals is the format, basically just IP
address.
Section 3.8.2:""Received:" fields of messages originating from other
environments may not conform exactly to this specification..."
Section 4.4 Page 51:=20
Extended-Domain =3D Domain /
( Domain FWS "(" TCP-info ")" ) /
( Address-literal FWS "(" TCP-info ")" )

TCP-info =3D Address-literal / ( Domain FWS Address-literal )
; Information derived by server from TCP connection
; not client EHLO.

Steve Radich - http://www.aspdeveloper.net /
http://www.virtualserverfaq.com=20
BitShop, Inc. - Development, Training, Hosting, Troubleshooting -
http://www.bitshop.com