On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Jason Haar wrote:

> Andy Dills wrote:
> > For instance, if we ran a cacheing nameserver on each of our mailservers,
> > would you have ever noticed us?

> Err - are you saying you are generating >500K requests/day against that ONE
> RBL domain - and you are *not* running a caching server?!?!?
> [Hell, I even run a caching server to protect my vanity domain with 4 email
> accounts! ;-) ]

Of course I'm running a caching server...my thought was to run a single
cacheing server for all of our mailservers to maximize the value of the

What I'm saying is if I ran a caching server on each of our individual
filter boxes, our volume would appear to be much less unless they
aggregated usage by netblock. I suspect many of the "heavy hitters" do

Andy Dills
Xecunet, Inc.