On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 04:26 +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> KB> If you want to trigger on Russian only, list all but ru.
> What if to catch Ms. Ba'loney Margar'ine, airport security had to keep a
> current list of all the other people in the world. So this is the
> wrong approach, as we've been thru before. OK, bye.

Thank you for your most valuable contribution.

Yes, we've been through this before. However, it seems you still don't
understand. There IS NO negated counterpart to ok_locales. Also, this is
not about languages, but character sets -- and there are exactly 6. So,
listing all but one in this context doesn't seem to be asking too much.

Instead of ranting, just try to understand ok_locales as an option to
list all character sets you can read. For most people, this boils down
to one or two anyway. Thus, the general usecase is to list just these.

Also, the OP specifically asked to catch Russian only. Listing 5 locales
is the only way to do this currently. If you know about a better way,
please let me know.

Otherwise, you just wasted everyone's time. Had a bad day, eh?

guenther

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a \x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i (c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}