the
> > double quotes:

>=20
> Apart from neither equal nor minus being any special in an RE (outside =

> char class) unlike the question mark, which has been answered =

already...
>=20
>=20
> Why are you guys now trying to re-invent the wheel in the special case
> of a gray asphalt street? What about a dirt track, grass, and anything
> else a wheel works on?
>=20
> I've pointed it out before. Just use ok_locales, which is all about
> these char sets. No REs, almost no thinking required, no headache. A
> single line, and you're done.
>=20
> guenther

We don't want to "only allow" the English locale, because we (here at my =
work) do not want our international clients (non Russian) to be denied =
email service.=20

That aside, I really don't think getting detailed with Regular =
Expressions is re-inventing the wheel. Rather, it is expanding knowledge =
that will help write better rules in the future. (More flexible wheels, =
in your context).

Although I appreciated your earlier post of 'ok_locales', and understood =
it, I did not appreciate your Troll.

Cheers,
Mike