Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
> > From: Bowie Bailey []
> >
> > I would say that sa-compile is the preferred method due to its
> > performance benefits. There aren't many (any?) drawbacks to using
> > it.

> I don't use it here because it takes too long (over 20 minutes) to
> compile. (This is with SA v3.2.4, which is a big improvement over
> v3.2.3)

Why is this an issue? You only have to recompile the rules if there is
an update and this is only once every week or two even when things are

I have an update script that runs nightly via cron. It runs sa-update
and if there are updates, it runs sa-compile and then restarts spamd.
If you are paranoid, you could skip the automatic restart and do the
restart manually the next morning.