On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 10:15 -0800, Tim Alberts wrote:
> Rubin Bennett wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 09:45 -0800, Tim Alberts wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings everyone. I'm new to the list because I need help
> >> desperately. I've been using spamassassin for many years and it has
> >> gone a long way to fixing spam, so first, thank you for the great product.
> >>
> >> System is Fedora Linux 6 running sendmail. Mail is delivered for local
> >> users with procmail which feeds the delivered mail to spamassassin. I'm
> >> getting the following from some (very important) customers and it's
> >> really a problem right now. Where is the score 244.3 coming from? The
> >> sender is whitelisted for -100?

> >> X-Spam-Level:******************************************** ******

> >> USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=no version=3.1.9

> >> white-list * -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to
> >> 1% * [score: 0.0000] * 347 AWL AWL: From: address is in the
> >> auto white-list
> >>

> > The From: address is in the auto whitelist. Turn it off and see where
> > you get, then determine why they were added to the AWL in the first
> > place.
> >
> > Rubin
> >

> Thank you for responding Rubin. I disable the AWL with main
> spamassassin local.cf config file and the line 'auto_learn 0' correct?
> However I'm not sure how to determine why they were added in the first
> place. I'm looking through the awl docs, and I think it would be easier
> (and much quicker with less downtime) to just remove the address from
> the awl. I don't see how to do this though, can it be done, and if so, how?

spamassassin --remove-addr-from-whitelist

(Googled for SpamAssassin AWL remove entry)
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AwlWrongWay

Also man spamassassin should give you some more details about that
command

Rubin

--
Rubin Bennett
RB Technologies

temporary security deserve neither liberty nor safety"
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759