Rubin Bennett wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 09:45 -0800, Tim Alberts wrote:
>
>> Greetings everyone. I'm new to the list because I need help
>> desperately. I've been using spamassassin for many years and it has
>> gone a long way to fixing spam, so first, thank you for the great product.
>>
>> System is Fedora Linux 6 running sendmail. Mail is delivered for local
>> users with procmail which feeds the delivered mail to spamassassin. I'm
>> getting the following from some (very important) customers and it's
>> really a problem right now. Where is the score 244.3 coming from? The
>> sender is whitelisted for -100?

>> X-Spam-Level:******************************************** ******

>> USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=no version=3.1.9

>> white-list * -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to
>> 1% * [score: 0.0000] * 347 AWL AWL: From: address is in the
>> auto white-list
>>

> The From: address is in the auto whitelist. Turn it off and see where
> you get, then determine why they were added to the AWL in the first
> place.
>
> Rubin

Thank you for responding Rubin. I disable the AWL with main
spamassassin local.cf config file and the line 'auto_learn 0' correct?
However I'm not sure how to determine why they were added in the first
place. I'm looking through the awl docs, and I think it would be easier
(and much quicker with less downtime) to just remove the address from
the awl. I don't see how to do this though, can it be done, and if so, how?