From: Joey [mailto:Joey@Web56.Net]=20
Sent: 25 October 2007 14:24
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Help figuring our why SA is taking like 1.5 minutes to
filter...
=09

Hello All,

=20

I am currently running SA 3.2.3 compiled from cpan.

I have a situation where CPU is just going through the roof on
just a few messages and I really can't tell what part of SA is the slow
down.

=20

I'm not that familiar with all the config stuff, so I'm looking
for some help to figure out this problem, and I can send you any
additional information which may be needed.

=20

Here is a test I ran which shows all the steps SA takes to
filter email (spamassassin -D < sample-spam.txt) :
http://web56.net/reference/spamassassin-test.html

Here is a list of files in each of my SA folders as well as some
of the config files: http://web56.net/reference/spamassassin-config.html

=20

I noticed a few vXXX.pre files, should I erase the older ones,
or does it execute them all together?

I also use RulesDuJour daily to get updated cf files.

=20

Any help is appreciated!

=09
Thanks,

Joey

=20

=20

=20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8170D.C40FFC82

"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" xmlns:x =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:excel" xmlns:dt =3D=20
"uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml">
charset=3Dus-ascii">

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>First off,

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Do an

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>  sa-update -D

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>as soon as possible.

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Cheers,

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Phil

--
Phil Randal
Network Engineer

Council
Hereford, UK

style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

I am currently running SA 3.2.3 compiled from=20
cpan.>>

I have a situation where CPU is just going =
through the roof=20
on just a few messages and I really can’t tell what part of SA =
is the slow=20
down.>>

I’m not that familiar with all the config =
stuff, so I’m=20
looking for some help to figure out this problem, and I can send you =
any=20
additional information which may be needed.>>

Here is a test I ran which shows all the steps SA =
takes to=20
filter email (spamassassin -D <  sample-spam.txt) : =
href=3D"http://web56.net/reference/spamassassin-test.html">http://web56.n=
et/reference/spamassassin-test.html>>

Here is a list of files in each of my SA folders =
as well as=20
some of the config files: =
href=3D"http://web56.net/reference/spamassassin-config.html">http://web56=
..net/reference/spamassassin-config.html>>

I noticed a few vXXX.pre files, should I erase =
the older=20
ones,  or does it execute them all together?>>

I also use RulesDuJour daily to get updated cf=20
files.>>

Any help is appreciated!>>

Thanks,>>

 Joey>>