On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 15:14 +0100, Nix wrote:
> On 17 Aug 2007, Robert Fitzpatrick verbalised:
> > Worms and spam have made it impossible for users to use their own
> > personal mail servers.

> Really? Fascinating, I'm doing the impossible. I had no idea.

Correction, normal novice users that don't have to bargain with ISP's or
know anything about spam techniques. It is only a matter of time before
somebody blocks you, if they haven't already. Botnet is designed to
combat you.

> > More and more
> > ISP's are blocking port 25 from anything but their own stuff, especially
> > dial-up.

> Mine blocks until you prove you're competent (or post a bond: I did the
> former) and gets really pissed if you then turn into a spamming monster.
> It seems to work.

And you really want to deal with your ISP instead of using a valid mail
server? How do you handle rDNS?

--
Robert